blade drive belts- what brand

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the price difference? You know OEM will be excellent. If I could find a Gates or Dayco or Goodyear then yes. But not familiar with the ones you mention.

I havent had much luck with aftermarket belts. I usually go OEM on OPE.

Prices are usually similar.

Last edited:
I had trouble finding a genuine Toro belt for my 32" rear engine rider locally without it having to be ordered, so I went down to the local Advance AutoParts store and they had a Dayco belt that fit and it has worked fine for the last 2 summers and is still in good shape. I would not hesitate to buy the same belt again.

OEM is always a good choice but more expensive. I have also had good luck with Gates Power Rated belts.They are green in color and have more reinforcing cords than auto belts. They are also less expensive than OEM.

Rotary, Oregon, and Stens are the big three aftermarket parts dealers. I've had good service from all of them. OEM belts are usually only within a few dollar difference in the OP's case, so I would go OEM belt in this case.

when i look at the 21 inch snapper walk behind drive belt (to engine) many places quote the same model/ part number , and also quote same number with YP after it and the word stretch- whats that about?

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
when i look at the 21 inch snapper walk behind drive belt (to engine) many places quote the same model/ part number , and also quote same number with YP after it and the word stretch- whats that about?

Never seen stretch before, but if the part numbers are the same, they are fine. When Briggs & Stratton acquired Snapper they changed the part numbers around a little bit.

Oregon is the only aftermarket belt I've tried. Normally just go with OEM replacements. My take on belts is, they're ALL good. What makes them fail is sheaves out of alignment, bent sheaves, tensioner not right or idlers not right. 'Course trying to hog too much grass at once or letting the deck beat/bounce against the ground never helps either.

Not saying you do any of that Ed! Just tossing some ideas out there if you're blowing through belts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back