Miniture bulb questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doing a project on my 98 Trans Am and will be replacing all the rear bulbs since I have the taillights and harness out. First off, I was thinking about replacing with all Sylvania Silverstar bulbs. Are the Silverstar mini bulbs worth paying for compared to regular bulbs? I was also considering the GE Nighthawks, but no one carries them locally around me that I know of. Basically, just looking for a brighter, sharper bulb. Next, the reverse light in the car is a 3155, but many online guides call for an 1156. I heard this is a common problem with calling for a wrong bulb in this instance. It doesn't seem like the 3155 is an easy bulb to find. Is the 3156 or 3157 a suitable replacement?

My last question is in regards to 194 bulbs in the sidemarkers. I am running clear sidemarkers and have amber and red 194s in them. After awhile, the red ones seem to turn pinkish. The amber ones seem to remain fine. Are there any decent red 194 bulbs to try.

Thanks for any advice.

I believe the current BITOG headlight du juor is the Osram Night Breaker. Can't help you with the rest. Try Daniel Stern Lighting. He's got a website.

I use superbrightleds for large taillight bulbs.

For 194 bulbs, I go to Autozone and get their "Jam Straight" brand 194 LEDS. You can get them in amber or red.

I wouldn't recommend Jam Straight's other sizes.

I used a set of Jam Straight 194 bulbs in my Saturn ION center brake light and they looked great. I also used them in the center brake light of dad's Pontiac G6. They also looked great there.

I replaced the B/U bulbs in my GM pickup (3157) with silverstars and have been impressed by them. Much wihiter and a little brighter. Replaced the tag lights with the Silverstar 168 and they made little difference. So I guess as long as there not there the "peanut" sized miniature bulbs they are worth the extra cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back