FRAM PH5752

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! I think that filter looks great. I would think the way those pleats are folded would absolutely keep them in place and keep everything spaced nicely. If those were readily available to us here (at a reasonable price) I would consider using them. Not that I have any problems with the XG's I use currently.

I would like to see how they connected the material at the seam.

The made in Germany Fram PH8994 that I have on the Audi has a whit ADBV and it is silicone.

Fram didn't actually make the filters that I have, but contracted wiht Mann to have them rebadge Mann's W930/21 with Fram markings. The funny thing is that a typical Mann W930/21 goes for at least $10 here, and often much more. The Fram version I could get at the local farm store for $4.37. Too bad that Fram is now making them in house and dropped down to a nitrile ADBV. And the price has gone up to $6.95 a filter.

Tidy little profit that someone is making on the real Mann filters.

Very interesting media! I want the all the orange cans to look like that ha ha.

As always, thanks for cutting and posting!

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Very interesting media! I want the all the orange cans to look like that ha ha.

As always, thanks for cutting and posting!

True I will have some more by the end of the year, I will post pictures of the cheapest Oil filters on my wifes car and cut them all up for review, to see what the cheapest in Australian marketed brands look like.

Hello
I work for FRAM as the tech director. The filter you bought (and wasted) is made by our European Factory, the media is a synthetic glass blend, 98% efficiency, 10k OCI capacity and the white ADBV is silicone. The valve you describe is the filter bypass valve, it is different that what we build in the USA.

Originally Posted By: Motorking
Hello
I work for FRAM as the tech director. The filter you bought (and wasted) is made by our European Factory, the media is a synthetic glass blend, 98% efficiency, 10k OCI capacity and the white ADBV is silicone. The valve you describe is the filter bypass valve, it is different that what we build in the USA.

Nice thanks for the info, i just ordered another one today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back