Anyone researched the Autozone Valucraft filters yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone suggested I run an AC PF53 on my truck over a ST 3614, so I went to autozone to pick one up. I noticed the yellow box Valucraft filters and checked out a V3614. Its definitely rolling out of the same factory as the PF53, since everything about it was exactly the same except the paint. I didnt cut it open though. Has anyone done a comparison of the guts of these filters to any others?
Thanks!

Not sure on the filters, but the ST also is made by the same company as the AC, so I don't know what you'd be gaining. I'd stick with the AC

quote:

Originally posted by T-Keith:
Not sure on the filters, but the ST also is made by the same company as the AC, so I don't know what you'd be gaining. I'd stick with the AC

Apparently the ST has a clicker type bypass and the AC has some better type, or at least thats what was explained to me and prompted the change.

Some have a problem with it, but I haven't seen very good reasoning against it, or failures. I guess it doesn't concern me that much, since none of my cars use a bypass in the filter. I would choose the AC over the ST because of it's filtering, if it's easy enough to find.

-T

I checked them out last week. They look exactly like ST's - Same clicker bypass, center tube, inlet holes, etc. Not surprising since AutoZone carries so many Champ Labs filters (STP, Bosch, M1). Seems a good bargain at about $1.99/filter.

The valucraft filters in Autozone are Mexican Champion lab filters and are probably identical to ST's.

i'm using one on my dad's Toyota Cressida... for $2-3 you can't beat, and AutoZone is closer to me than Wally-World...

quote:

Originally posted by Chris142:

quote:

Originally posted by pbm:
The valucraft filters in Autozone are Mexican Champion lab filters and are probably identical to ST's.

I picked up a few for my Jeep. Ph8a equivelent and they say "Made in usa" right on em.

The Valucraft 3600 filter is made in Mexico just like the Wal-Mart ST 3600. Same filter, different name.

Hootbro

quote:

Originally posted by Hootbro:

quote:

Originally posted by Chris142:

quote:

Originally posted by pbm:

I picked up a few for my Jeep. Ph8a equivelent and they say "Made in usa" right on em.

The Valucraft 3600 filter is made in Mexico just like the Wal-Mart ST 3600. Same filter, different name.

Hootbro

Have you tested the media, to see if they are the same? Or are you just saying they are made in the same factory. Most if not all rebadges seem to have their own unique medias so don't count on them being the same.

-T

quote:

Originally posted by T-Keith:
Have you tested the media, to see if they are the same? Or are you just saying they are made in the same factory. Most if not all rebadges seem to have their own unique medias so don't count on them being the same.

-T

Have not opened the filters and will not waste my money doing it. I have compared them side to side and exterior wise look the same other than paint. Bottoms are identical and what media I can see from the bottom looks the same. Even the dot matrix printing on top of the filters is the same. Considering how the ST filters are selling at $1.97 and the Valucraft at $1.99, I would speculate are made to the same spec sans paint job.

Hootbro

I would doubt it. Almost all Champion filters look the same from the outside, AC, ST, STP, ect. But it has been proven that the media is different. I would say there's a 99% they are not the same.

-T

I just got back from AZ and came here just to look up Valucraft. Freaky kwinky-dink! It looked identical on the outside to the Bosch that I bought. I asked the counter guy and he told me it was about as effective as a piece of paper. He wouldn't use it on any car he cared about.
dunno.gif

I didn't by one just to cut it up and compare it with the Bosch Premium one I did buy. I would have to cut up the Bosch as well. That's $8 just to see if I should've purchased the $6 model in the first place.

Originally posted by Scott P:
[QB] I just got back from AZ and came here just to look up Valucraft. Freaky kwinky-dink! It looked identical on the outside to the Bosch that I bought. I asked the counter guy and he told me it was about as effective as a piece of paper. He wouldn't use it on any car he cared about.
dunno.gif

offtopic.gif
If there is one thing that I have learned about stores like AZ and ADV,is that most of the people behind the counter know very little about the actual products that are being sold.They will tell you their thoughts with no actual facts to back them up with.They may tell you that their oil is made by this or that company when it says on the bottle that it is not.
This recently happened to my brother at ADV.He was told that ADV motor oil was made by Havoline.
The bottle plainly says that it is NOT made by Havoline and that it is NOT made by Chevron/Texaco the owners of Havoline.
Now I am not saying that ALL of the counter people at AZ and or ADV don't know about their products,I am saying that MOST don't.
If you don't know what you are going after at these stores,you need to be really careful.They may sell you something that is completely wrong.Once again,this happened to the same brother at ADV.
He went to get brake pads for one of his vehicles.They gave him the wrong ones.The pads they gave him were in the wrong place in the parts area.
The part number was not checked by the one selling the pads to be sure it was correct.He had to return them and start over again.This is very aggravating to say the least.

I do agree. I actually meant to make a comment like that, but felt I need to get back to work.
smile.gif

The filter does have a lot of similar qualities to the Bosch filter, but without cutting the stinker open, I just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back