Kendall conventional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife brought her car to get an oil change and said that they used the filter that I provided, and I told her to ask for a quality conventional oil. They said that they used Kendall.
I was looking at the Conoco website, and the only conventional I see is GT-1, and it says that it's for cars that don't require an ILSAC oil for warranty.
Am I missing something? Does Kendall only make a blend for ILSAC ratings?
Thanks!

I've never seen Kendall conventional- any place around here that uses Kendall uses their synthetic blend for their lower priced oil changes.

Where did your wife take the car?

Our local Firestone Service Center(s) use Kendall GT-1 syn/blend as their basic OC service and a filter with their[Firestone] name on it, either a E-Core or Puro made filter all for under $20.

Firestone is about the only place that I have seen in these parts that uses Kendall as a house oil. Yes, it is a blend.

I had looked at the Conocophillips oils (76, TropArtic, Kendall) and I do not think they sell a pure dino oil any more. They are all part synthetic or full synthetic in the automotive grades.

Originally Posted By: hardcore302
Maybe thats what they meant.. I hope soo..

Anonamously call'em up and ask!..."What kind of oil does your astablishment use"? "OH, Kendall"?..."Kendall what?"..."Semi/Syn?"

Just keep asking questions til you're satisfied
smile.gif

EDIT:

From my quick search, it seem as though Kendall Oils all have Liquid Titanium and there is NO Plain Conventional. Their oils start with Syn/blend, Full Syn & High Mileage...all w/Liquid Titanium and all are called GT-1

Last edited:
Kendall conventional exists. My local NAPA carries it. Comes in a plain black bottle with a different label from either synblend or synthetic (which is a silver bottle).

Originally Posted By: MinamiKotaro
Kendall conventional exists. My local NAPA carries it. Comes in a plain black bottle with a different label from either synblend or synthetic (which is a silver bottle).

Kendall PCMO isn't made in a black bottle anymore. That's some old stock!

I work for firestone and all we use is kendall. The gt-1 is a blend. I think its an awesome deal that you get a synblend for 19.99. Kendall does not make a dino. Even the 15w-40 is a synblend.

Originally Posted By: Volv04Life
I work for firestone and all we use is kendall. The gt-1 is a blend. I think its an awesome deal that you get a synblend for 19.99. Kendall does not make a dino. Even the 15w-40 is a synblend.

Kendall 10w40 is not a blend last time I looked. Not sure about the 20w50 either.

Originally Posted By: lubedude13
Yes Kendall is either a blend or full synthetic. Great quality oil! Why would you not want them to use Kendall?

smile.gif
I think that hardcore302 was given some misinformation from the oil change shop in regards to ILSAC & Warranty, causing some confusion about the Kendall oils!

I took a Cummins N-14 engine to 1.4 million miles without being opened up for a major repair on Kendall 15w40 conventional. Granted, that was their diesel product. And I did that on 30,000 mile oil changes. Top notch oil.

Originally Posted By: jackkpts
Can anyone comment on the quality of the oil filter? Is it good for 5k OCIs?

What filter are you speaking of?
Most any name brand filter can be used for 5K mile OCI's. Maybe 2 OCI's!

Even filters used by Service Centers with the name on the filter such as Good/Year or Firestone, will be made by a reputable mfg!

I was referring to the oil filter that Firestone uses with their Kendall oil changes , as described in this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back