Fuzion Touring vs Kumho KR26 VS Kumho KH20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the three of these and not sure which one to get. They will all be within $10 of each other with shipping.

Which one would be the best? Tire reviews for these lower end tires aren't usually written by car people, so , they range from "This is the worst tire I have ever had" to "This is the best tire in the world".

I'm leaning towards the Kumho KH20 as #1 choice with Fuzion being last

Any thoughts?

Size is 195/60-15

My DD I bought last May had Fuzion Touring (freshly installed) on it when I bought it. Although they were new (for the sale), I only ran them about 5k before I had them taken off. Got Michelin Defenders.
I will say they looked good, ran well, decent dry traction, but I got a little hum (most noticeable at highway speeds), otherwise I would have ran them longer. Also, I actually lost a little mpg as soon as the Defenders went on (wasn't expecting that) although on both I ran 36F/35R. Placard specs 33F/33R.

Kumho seems to be better regarded. Kind of like comparing Goodyear to Michelin. Where Kumho is a notch above or better than Fuzion. I haven't read enough positives about Fuzion to consider getting them.

I'd also throw Cooper and General into the mix. Check out DTD as well. Certified non-professional tire expert here.
laugh.gif

Fuzion is Chinese garbage, so stay away from it. Kumho's tires are almost definitely better than them.

The Kumho Sense (KR26) is a fairly new tire, but there is definitely nothing wrong with the KH20.

Another good tire to consider is Kumho's Ecsta LX Platinum (KU27). The Dunlop Signature II is US-made and also worth considering.

I know how hard chosing the right tire can be! Just went through this w/my daughter's Protege P185/65/R14. I would not chose the Fuzion personally. The KR26 seems to me like a really inexpensive tire. H rated. 520 AB. ($212 + Shipping TR) I'd want at least A A. 17.4lbs. The KR20. H rated. 440 AA. Weight ? Seems to be a Discount Tire Excusive. ($251 Inc. shipping from DTD. Additional $30 off w/their CC.) I put the KR 20's on the Protege. We like them BUT we don't have the same winter weather as you do. Of these 3 choices, I'd go w/the KH20's. NOW, the Kumho KU27. V rated. 600AA 19.9lbs. ($288 + shipping TR) Gosh....the KR20 had 7 out of 49 reviews on DTD which rated the tire poorly. Reasons given: Premature wear and poor winter traction. So....if you think they can handle your winter conditions....In my case, long tire life was not really a concern, nor was winter weather traction. I have no regret getting the KR20's. Hope this helps somewhat in your decision.

Looking @ the thread pattern between the KH20 vs KR26, IMO the 20's look more of a performance tire. Hydroplaning..., when I was deciding, didn't enter my mind at all after looking at the KH20's thread pattern. If there's no urgency in purchasing, wait for a "Black Friday/Holiday Special" or Manf. Rebate (Or Both!) The one thing that made me a little hesitate about my purchase was the fact these seem to be a DTD exculsive tire w/somewhat limited reviews. But, I had no problems at all w/DTD in the past, so this relieved any fears I had and went ahead w/purchase.

Looks like a Cooper CS4 is $40 more which could easily be wiped out if a manufacturer rebate comes out. Which they usually at least once a year.

If considering the CS4's, I'd get the "H" version. The Ford Focus 5sp. is a fun, sporty car. (Had a 10' 5sp. Focus) A performance tire is what this car needs. I had the Bridgestone RE960's on my Focus. Loved that tire, but unfortunately needed to trade the car in for two reasons and bought my Golf 2.5 Auto in its place.

CS4 are ideal, but with what I just dropped in taxes, there's not much left in the checking account before I have to touch the savings.

I need a cheap, safe set of tires .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back