A little box of Kendall goodness...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mach1Owner
Can someone educate me as to why you want Titanium?

It starts working at lower temps than moly.

Originally Posted By: Deamos
Cool. I'm itching to try their 5w20 Synth blend in my Sorento.

Your sorento will love you. I've used Kendall in my Hyundai and it was buttery smooth.

2010_FX4, what made you choose Kendall Titanium over Castrol Edge Titanium? I see the price per qt. is lower than CET. Was that the deciding factor or was it something else?

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
2010_FX4, what made you choose Kendall Titanium over Castrol Edge Titanium? I see the price per qt. is lower than CET. Was that the deciding factor or was it something else?

IMHO, Kendall is a much better oil than Castrol (in actuality Castrol was never in the selection pool) and I do not like Castrol--not that anything is wrong with it, I just do not like the brand. However, the main reason is that I chose Kendall is that I like the older brands (like Kendall and Gulf) and wanted to give it a try and see how it performs--titanium is just a bonus because I believe most additive packs work well anyway. I have a large stash of M1 so I have a fall back and will be a "one-oil" shop at that point if the Kendall does not work out.

Nice. I would like to try the Kendall 5W-20 semi-synthetic or maybe the full synthetic in my 2014 Mustang GT. I've already bought MC 5W-20 for the first oil change so I will wait until later to try it. I'm trying 5W-20 Trop Artic synthetic blend in my fiancée's 2007 Mustang GT to see how it does. I couldn't resist the $1.99 per qrt price.

Wayne

Last edited:
Not that it probably means anything, but I've run Kendal synthetic and fram synthetic ( Conoco product as well ) in my 08 wrangler I had and my scion and they ran quieter than some other oils ( both had pronounced valvetrain clatter ) but I found that once I put about 2000 to 3000 miles on the oil, the noise returned. The Kendal oil was the pre titanium stuff though, and the fram synthetic did not use it either. I've had good luck with pyb and valvoline maxlife holding up for my entire oci as far as noise is concerned.

I'm out of kendall and debating on getting more. SOPUS has me sitting on my hands due to the new line up this spring. The DI twin turbo ecoboost would love that low NOACK GTL base oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back