2015+ GMC CANYON…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: metalboy
Jeez, can we not have a single thread without a "kids these days" derail? We get it, the world is falling apart, nobody cares, it has nothing to do with the truck.

The Canyon looks good. 1500/6700 are seriously respectable loads for a small truck. Not that small, though, at 4000-4400lbs weight. Smaller would be better.

"Active front grill" makes me really curious. I want to see that one in action.

Shame about the transmission situation, but not surprising.

The problem is kids these days like morbidly obese family truckster trucks. This fat [censored] needs to shed a few pounds and a couple of doors.

It's not all bad, I'd probably buy this thing before I'd buy the new F-150 monstrosity.

Two and a quarter tons is really too big though. And it just looks big and gaudy. I'd like to see a reg cab version to get an idea of if it can be a real utility vehicle and not just an Acadia that went to Golden Corral and grew a bed.

This thing is about 1000 lbs. heavier than my Ranger, and my Ranger is a bit of a fat [censored] among Rangers.

Originally Posted By: metalboy

"Active front grill" makes me really curious. I want to see that one in action.

I have the forerunner of that on my Cruze's lower grille. It operates seamlessly. What's neat is that it will stay shut in cold temperatures to help the engine warm up faster, and stay shut on shutdown to help hold engine heat. Basically the only time it opens is when the A/C is on, or when the engine needs the additional cooling, such as high output for a time, such as going uphill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back