Anyone seen a Pennzoil Synthetic Blend UOA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried searching the UOA on my phone but I was unsuccessful. Just wondering if any of y'all had run across one. I was one of the lucky ones to get 36 quarts of Pennzoil Synthetic Blend 5w-30 dexos 1 for under $30 bucks. Looks like I'll be using this stuff for a while. Anyone have any experience with it?

Im using it in my Camry for the first time. Car idles smooth as silk but also did that on PYB from new. Never did a UOA though so sorry with that one bud. Probably gonna start running my Explorer on it full time or until I trade her in.

I don't think there is one and I'd sure like to see one as well. There was a member on here that had one planned, wemay maybe? Not sure on that. If it is the same add pack as PYB and 50% syn it may be one of the best deals going IMO, but we don't know if thats the case yet.

Yea I agree is sounds like a great oil for a great price. I'm putting it in a 4x4 Silverado with a L76 6.0L this weekend. PureOne filter. Might have to do the first UOA on it after 5k.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
I don't think there is one and I'd sure like to see one as well. There was a member on here that had one planned, wemay maybe? Not sure on that. If it is the same add pack as PYB and 50% syn it may be one of the best deals going IMO, but we don't know if thats the case yet.

Hey KCJeep,

I'm back to VWB and shorter OCI, so nothing concrete on this end concerning PSB. Anecdotally, when i did use it, it was pretty smooth. But truth be told, we can say that when changing oil with most major brands. It is dexos approved and states 50% syn. In my book, that alone gave me confidence in the product. Again, for what ever that's worth.

KCJeep,

I think Solarent commented sometime in the last several weeks that most companies use pre-approved additive packages in their blends. In this case it means that the dexos1 approved Pennzoil Platinum additive package with the current SN/GF-5 low moly and boron (~50 blend of Group II+ base oils/Group III+ (to include some GTL) base oils.

Interestingly, initially when the Pennzoil Syn-Blend was introduced, the published data showed a 13.0% NOACK, meaning it just met the upper dexos1 limit.

Now, I am guessing, that it's closer to 12.0% with a 50/50 blend of 9.3% (per PQIA) PP and 14.3% PYB.

So, it's anybody's guess how well the PP additive package will work with the blended basestocks, but my guess is, knowing SOPUS, pretty darn good!

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back