Bonehead Move Of the Week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to bleach the inside white shower curtain. Take it to the basement, poor some bleach in a bucket and I thought add some vinegar to spice it up a bit. (I seem to be adding vinegar to everything). So I take the bucket up stairs to the bathroom and start the heavy bleach chocking. So I wash it out, still chocking. I figured that 'ain't right'. So I google it and find out it is a toxic combo.
Wow she was powerful. (Note: wife tells me we have a new curtain in the closet)

Possible Results:
Milk will be in the cabinets, calling the kids by the wrong names, showing up at the wrong workplace...

Any others to commiserate with?

Never mix anything with bleach...chlorine is strong stuff...

Just glad it didn't overwhelm you!

The fumes from Bleach alone are horrible for you. Next time google how to wash a shower curtain and it says to simply throw it in the washing machine. Or get a new one.

Originally Posted By: Keith_Stone
Is "chocking" a washing method from the north?

He was choking on the chlorine gas that he produced. I'm assuming the brain damage caused the bad spelling.

Choking, obstruction of airflow into the lungs

Chocking, A block or wedge placed under something else, such as a wheel, to keep it from moving.

That's it, can't spell, forgot to spell check...still recovering...those are funny though. (giggles)

I was thinking maybe the bleach ate up the curtain material. Back in the 80s,we tried bleaching some blue jeans (gotta love the 80s haha!),and we used too much bleach and it ate up the denim! :p

Back when I used to work in a hospital kitchen, a newly hired supervisor mixed bleach with lime scale remover (LSR) to clean and better sanitize, they had to evacuate the whole departament.

Last edited:
I mixed bleach with industrial kitchen de-greaser back in the day, someone transferred the de-greaser into an empty bleach jug at work so I didn't know, we cleared the room rather quick...

We mix hypochlorite, hydrogen peroxide and sulfuric acid on site to make a much less corrosive bug killer than hypo, or chlorine gas...Chlorine Dioxide doesn't produce the chloramines and carcinogens of traditional gas/hypo, and is better dealing with slime producing bugs...(to the point that there is some development on using it in the body for prosthesis infections).

However we mix it in a pressurised teflon container, not a bucket...

Glad that you made it OK, many such experiments end up deadly.

BTW, your body produces this stuff naturally...just not as much.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
The fumes from Bleach alone are horrible for you. Next time google how to wash a shower curtain and it says to simply throw it in the washing machine. Or get a new one.

Sorry, pet peeve of mine. Fumes are particulates like from welding, liquids don't give off fumes they give off vapors. Makes a big different in my line of work
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: coopns
That's it, can't spell, forgot to spell check...still recovering...those are funny though. (giggles)

thumbsup2.gif
Glad you've got a sense of humor!

When I was a kid I got ink on my parents nice white bedspread. I poured bleach directly on it.

Since it burned a hole, I guess I could say that it got rid of the ink.

thumbsup2.gif
Glad you've got a sense of humor!

Everyone has a sense of humor after chocking on fumes
smile.gif

Yep, bleach can be bad news. Family story: my mother (who generally had good common sense) Mixed some bleach in with toilet bowl cleaner to better clean the toilet. It instantly "took her breath away". She did have the good sense to immediately flush the toilet, back out of the bathroom and shut the door. A close one!

I tried to bleach the inside white shower curtain. Take it to the basement, poor some bleach in a bucket and I thought add some vinegar to spice it up a bit. (I seem to be adding vinegar to everything). So I take the bucket up stairs to the bathroom and start the heavy bleach chocking. So I wash it out, still chocking. I figured that 'ain't right'. So I google it and find out it is a toxic combo.
Wow she was powerful. (Note: wife tells me we have a new curtain in the closet)

Possible Results:
Milk will be in the cabinets, calling the kids by the wrong names, showing up at the wrong workplace...

Any others to commiserate with?

I'm not breaking your balls I've done plenty stupid myself. But why do that when a new curtain is like $3 American pesos? Bored?

Originally Posted By: JerryBob
When I was a kid I got ink on my parents nice white bedspread. I poured bleach directly on it.

Ink huh?

Originally Posted By: JerryBob

Ink huh?

That was my story and I stuck to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back