Dilemma - Sale on PP & M1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know what to choose, both on sale, great price, PP little cheaper tho.

I am tempting to go with M1, but at the same time, get more per jug with PP for lower $$.

Any of you can compare the two?

Thanks!

IMHO there is very little difference between the two and I highly doubt in a blind taste test your vehcile could ever know the difference
04.gif

As many here know I'm not a Mobil fan whatsoever however I believe those 2 lines to be basically equal and I'd buy whichever was cheaper.
This past summer we actually had M1 go on rollback so I bought 3 jugs and used them for my mos2 testing.
Buy whichever costs less.

I have philosophic and political reasons why I choose to not give ExMo any more of my money, so I would say run the Pennzoil, but in reality they're both excellent.

Buy a case of each (see my sig). When Costco has their $10 off/case sale, it's hard to resist. I'd prefer PP is the price were the same.

Originally Posted By: wolf_06
I dont know what to choose, both on sale, great price, PP little cheaper tho.

I am tempting to go with M1, but at the same time, get more per jug with PP for lower $$.

Any of you can compare the two?

Thanks!

What's the price for each. Are they individual quarts or 5 quart jugs.

I've been using Mobil 1 for years with no issues.

Flip a coin.
I'd say that they're equally good.
If you can get M1 0W-30 at this price, give it a try.

PP will most likely run quieter/smoother. You wont be able to tell the difference short/long term as far as wear or cleanliness with either of the two. There both top notch oils. Im a pennZoil guy, So go for the PP!

Originally Posted By: Realtech214
PP will most likely run quieter/smoother. You wont be able to tell the difference short/long term as far as wear or cleanliness with either of the two. There both top notch oils. Im a pennZoil guy, So go for the PP!

How do you determine that PP will run quieter/smoother than M1?

Originally Posted By: stchman

By listening to the engine when its running.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Originally Posted By: stchman

By listening to the engine when its running.

I maintain that PP or M1 in the same viscosity will result in the same decibel level coming from the engine. To say anything different is preposterous.

M1 oils will keep your engine amazingly clean and very long lasting,(in fact I have never had an engine lubed problem with M1) all at 10K OCIs(16,093 KMs). This has been my history with their oils for the last 35 years, in many differant types of engines.

Last edited:
I'm a Sopus fan, so my vote is for the PP...that said, I have nothing against M1. Boy, sitting on the fence is hurting my bum.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
I have philosophic and political reasons why I choose to not give ExMo any more of my money, so I would say run the Pennzoil, but in reality they're both excellent.

Says the man with M1 in his Grand Marquis. LOL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back