Discount tire in the KC area!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoaa how did I miss this? Actually there's 3 now.. Liberty, North KC and Belton. Feel like we finally have a decent tire store in this area. Had good experience with them when I lived in Austin, TX. Not sure on their tire selection looks a little slim.

Originally Posted By: Eric Smith
Whoaa how did I miss this? Actually there's 3 now.. Liberty, North KC and Belton. Feel like we finally have a decent tire store in this area. Had good experience with them when I lived in Austin, TX. Not sure on their tire selection looks a little slim.

It's hard for me to imagine a big city without Discount Tire. What do they have? NTB & JustTires?

Originally Posted By: Eric Smith

Many times, tire stores have a better selection than their website indicates. When I had to replace a tire on my van a few weeks ago, I bought a tire from Belle Tire that they didn't even have on their website. It was $10 cheaper than any offering online, and carried an 80,000 mile warranty.

Firestone, NTB, Tires Plus, independent Goodyear dealers, Walmart/Sam's, Costco and a dwindling Sears Auto presence. Lots of independents.

I had seen that they were building Discount Tire in North KC, but didn't realize that they were building 3 in the area. None on the Kansas side, interestingly enough.

My father in law uses Discount Tire exclusively in Colorado and has been very happy.

WHAT?! When? I just bought new tires from DTD, and their own website didn't mention them as installers. I wouldn't have driven that far anyway, but it's nice to know. Hopefully we'll get some on the KS side. Shawnee NTB actually get a good job installing mine.

Edit: I do see them on their website now.

Last edited:
That Shawnee NTB I've used in the past with no problems also. Not sure on the KS locations.. tax differences perhaps? Going tire shopping for the Focus this weekend... Going to get a quote from Walmart for the Viva 2's that are on there now and see what Discount can do in comparison.

I was pretty happy with Discount until one of their locations decided to strip out one of my lug studs recently.

We'll see how they handle this, but one of their shops have already given me the middle finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back