Food Stamp EBT card glitch unlimited in Louisiana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard on the news that those EBT food stamp cards were rejected in several states. but apparently, in Louisiana, the opposite happened. The EBT card people had unlimited balance on their EBT cards. Walmart allowed folks to buy 8 or 9 carts of groceries to EBT card people when the mistake occurred. walmart wants their money back and XEROX, the contractor said they aren't gonna reimburse walmart the money. taxpayers on the hook for this mistake?
link below

Louisiana food stamp shopping spree

WM will just raise shelf prices instead of taking the loss.Its not like WM hasnt made any profits over the past 30 years....

Walmart needs to make all those bums pay back every penny or be arrested and locked up indefinitely. If they have no money (besides *our* money) make them work it off at the equivelent of $5.15 an hour,what minimum wage used to be before it went up.

FRiGGin thieves is what they are! I read about this yesterday. Other stores in the area refused to accept the cards knowing that there was a glitch. The local WM opted to allow the use. WM is partially responsible, but come on! The article I read stated that people were loading up multiple carts to overflowing and the meat section was cleaned out almost immediately. Those people should be ashamed of themselves - if they had a scruple among them!

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Easy, suspend their EBT accounts permanently. What they did is fraud, theft, etc...

+1

just take it out of their foodstamps till its paid. even 10carts should be less than a years worth of food stamps unless it was 10 carts of steaks.

In which case I would say thats walmart's fault also.

This is squarely Xerox's fault, unless they can wiggle out.

What's the point of a public/ private partnership, where the private part gets profit, if they don't shoulder any risk?

I will however be interested to see how this plays out.

There's blame to go around, WM could (SHOULD) have called Xerox to see if funds were available, the cardholders shouldn't have gone nuts thinking they would get a freebie either. When WM made the decision to take the cards for unlimited amounts, without being able to run them, that was pretty (censored) STUPID!

Easy, suspend their EBT accounts permanently. What they did is fraud, theft, etc...
and that's exactly what should happen. Besides these are the same folks that probably that should not be on food stamps so this is an easy way to weed them off...suspend accounts permanently.

Originally Posted By: Blaze
and that's exactly what should happen. Besides these are the same folks that probably that should not be on food stamps so this is an easy way to weed them off...suspend accounts permanently.

Telegraaaaam for mr. glen beck!

Just remember, this level of intellect is incapable of differentiating moral from immoral. I may have been harsh, but I think the best way to get the point across is to simply dock their accounts for what they spent. All the comments about prosecution and indefinite suspension of benefits aside, the quickest way to make a point is to impact the "here and now." It's like training a dog.

If my Bank makes a mistake and put $1000 in my account instead of $100 and I spend the $1,000, then I committed fraud. The best way to handle this is to subtract 10% from each food card until the money is paid off. Refusal = jail

Walmart and Xerox should both eat it 50/50.

Walmart is just as guilty selling as the folks who took advantage. Xerox mucked up.

The people who took advantage cannot be helped.

Originally Posted By: rjundi

The people who took advantage cannot be helped.

And we have to pay for these types to live for free why?

Originally Posted By: eljefino
This is squarely Xerox's fault, unless they can wiggle out.

It's definitely squarely their fault, but I don't think they should have to shoulder all the damage from Wal-Mart corporate allowing the transactions to continue when they KNEW something was wrong.

Wal-Mart wasn't concerned about anyone feeding their family. They were being a typical greedy corporate retailer, found themselves in a situation where they thought some other large entity would have to foot the bill, and took advantage. Wal-Mart was on an EBT binge as well.

Wal Mart should be held accountable in this also. A person tries to buy 8 cart loads of groceries, and they didn't question it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back