Your thoughts on a black color interior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never been very excited about a black color interior, both my cars have tan/beige. Now I am looking at a new Accord Touring and the color choices and combinations are very limited. I really like the black exterior but I am not quite onboard with the black interior yet. So much so that I was considering getting a white exterior(not my #1 choice) only to get the beige interior. But am still in two minds.
What do you guys think about black interior ? I feel it doesn't bring out or highlight the interior styling quite well, like a "black-wash" if you will, everything is flat.
But obviously it is very popular at least around here almost every car is a black interior.
I am not worried about resale value (intend to use it till it lasts) or dirt (don't mind keeping my cars clean).

MUCH prefer the black interior. Beige stains, gets dirty, etc too easily.

My Cherokee has a Beige interior ... someone actually paid more for that than the standard black!

I love black interiors. I think they're very classy. The downsides are:
- dust is more visible, so you'll have to clean it more frequently if you want it to look good
- it heats up more during summer.

I will only ever buy black interiors if I can help it.
They do show more dirt, but they look way better when they are clean.

It's subjective of course.

I'm a fan of black interiors also. White or silver exterior with black interior vehicles are very easy to keep looking new.

I live in South Texas, so if ya'll want to talk heat bring it on. lol.

I have always had black interiors in my cars, and both of my current vehicles have black interiors. I think they look better. As far as heat goes...anything that sits in the direct sunlight is going to get hot. I've never understood the whole "black gets hotter" thing. My sisters Camry with a beige interior gets just as hot as my Accord.

My mom recently traded in an Accord that was black with black leather. When she was purchasing her Accord back in 2008 I suggested the beige interior to her and she said, "No. It reminds me of peanut butter."

I just cant get over that. lol. So I buy all black interiors now!

Have had many all-black interiors. While they do show dust more easily, they also hide a lot of the day-to-day grime and dirt. As for it making the car hotter, I don't think it's a huge deal -- tint the windows if it really bothers you.

I like black interiors. My TSX and S2000 are both black on black. The Passat is white on black (a combo that we had to special order). They are all tinted @ 35%, so that helps keep the heat down in the summer time. All cars are hot on a 95 degree day here in Virginia, though, irregardless of interior color.
smile.gif

I much prefer black over tan or gray interior. Especially if the trim is leather.

Originally Posted By: Miller88

My Cherokee has a Beige interior ... someone actually paid more for that than the standard black!

I also hate the light colored interiors found in many of today's cars. Some of the Subaru ones almost look off white they're so light.

My Sonata has the light gray interior. I wanted the darker interior, but since I was buying used I had to compromise on something, and that was it.

It took a good amount of shampooing to get the seats to where I was happy with them. I actually replaced the back seat with the seat from a wrecked vehicle.

I keep my vehicles clean, so the interior looks good, but I'd strongly prefer it had a darker interior.

I very much prefer lighter colors. Black looks so cold to me (despite being so dadgum hot). Warmer colors look, well, warmer. Our Acura has a grey interior and I tolerate it. It's better than the lighter color that year, which was a brownish-beige and not all that inviting at all. Our Honda has a light tan interior and, splashed with accents of black and silver, it looks quite nice to us.

IMG_6046.JPG

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Originally Posted By: Miller88

I also hate the light colored interiors found in many of today's cars. Some of the Subaru ones almost look off white they're so light.

My Sonata has the light gray interior. I wanted the darker interior, but since I was buying used I had to compromise on something, and that was it.

It took a good amount of shampooing to get the seats to where I was happy with them. I actually replaced the back seat with the seat from a wrecked vehicle.

I keep my vehicles clean, so the interior looks good, but I'd strongly prefer it had a darker interior.

I have a new found love for Dawn Dish soap. I got grease all over the beige back seat of the Cherokee.

Dawn and a scrubbing brush got it out completely. And it was on there for a few months!

My SRT and both Jeeps have black interiors. The Jeeps are... Jeep cheap. Utilitarian, indestructible. They do have beige headliners. Nothing very interesting, but they look nice. The SRT is awesome- leather with breathable cloth inserts, red trim, white stitching. Very classy.

In general, I HATE the common beige, grey, or other generic ***** interiors that so many cars have today. Interior colors used to be varied and classy, and part of the car's style. Blues, greens, reds, white, and combinations. So often now, its utterly generic and they try to convince us that "beige" is something fancy called "Champagne." I'm not fooled. My '66 is white with a deep red interior. My '69 is blue with white seats, blue carpet/dash/door trim. Nothing today compares, but black is the closest in terms of not looking el-cheapo.

Had 1 car with a tan interior and have been in many of them. Never again. Have a new pair of jeans? Hope to God it doesn't stain the leather. New belt? Same thing. Then the carpets show every mud or coffee stain around. If you don't keep up with the armrests, they look nasty after a while and you almost never get them clean.

I'll take my black where dust and dirt does show up, is a quick quick wipe down, and stains really don't show.

Yes, it gets hot in the summer quicker but it also cools down quicker. Black takes on heat fastest and also gives it up fastest. It's why radiatiors are typically painted black.

I absolutely love black interiors. I think I will only buy a car with one going forward.

That was the deal maker on my Accord. Silver color (had four whites in a row), stick and black interior.

I like tan/light brown interiors, sort of like a biege car, they don't show dust nearly as much as a black car...
Also with the sunroof open and windows down, its just a nice bright environment to be in, and suits a regular wagon or sedan. In a house, a room with a view and lots of windows is rarely even a dark colour, let alone black. Also I don't think many minivans have a black interiors?
Black is seems to suit a sports car though, but in something like a regular Civic sedan or a CRV, it just looks dirty most of the time.
My parents CRV is black inside and after 1 day of us using it with the kids, it looks like it needs a good vacuuming... The tan Focus needs a week or two before it looks as bad.

Never black if I can help it. Yes, it gets hot, but more than that, it seems even hotter than the actual temp -- and smaller, too. A light gray or beige interior seems roomier to me.

My first car was mid-green inside and out; my next was white over maroon leather; my third had a mid-gray cloth and vinyl; and since then it's been lighter colors all the way. (I do wish we could have some other color choices besides one shade of tan. I've seen older Mercedes with a cream interior, or a cocoa brown, or a deep tan the color of Kraft caramels.)

Honda has made is VERY difficult to buy the new Accord with a manual transmission with any interior color other than black. Not to mention that the choices of exterior color are limited to just TWO!!!

If you choose an CVT you get at least 8 different choices!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back