AC Delco spark plug wires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to order some plug wires yesterday from Rock Auto, but wanted to run this by you guys first.

AC Delco offers two flavors; the O.E. wires and Professional wires. According to the names, one would assume the Professional wires would be the premium wires, BUT they cost half the price of the Original Equipment wires.

I called RA and a customer service rep advised me this is common with AC Delco Parts, the O.E. parts tend to be higher than any other.

Anyhow, out of the two which are the wires?

The "professional" wires are cheaper because... they are cheaper!

Made for profits, so the shop can mark them up to you.

Buy OEM, but note that we use Autolite in our fleet of GM trucks with excellent results.

I have a typo above and the system won't let me edit my post. Obviously, Steve knew what I meant; my last sentence should read, out of the two, which are the better wires?

Originally Posted By: bigt61
How long are you going to keep the car? How long did the OEM wires last the first time?

I usually run my vehicles until the wheels are ready to fall off; I will drive a vehicle at least 10yr or 250,000 miles; unless it's an Audi.
smile.gif

I don't know how long the OEM wires lasted, I'll check they may still be original. I just purchased the car, it has 83,000 on the clock.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
I would just use the Autolite Professionals.

+2

AAP carries these for most vehicles and I think code TRT30 will get you 30% off if you order online and pickup in the store. Probably cheaper than rockauto with shipping unless they are on closeout.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Ford is not too good with secondary ignitions.

I have a ford, owned a few in the past, never had an issue using aftermarket parts, even the autolite pro series plugs as well.... results may vary i guess.

The professional series is what you would get at a parts store, they make them to fit other non GM applications also. The OE is what you would get at a dealers parts counter. Basically Professional = aftermarket, OES = OEM. Amazon had a sale 25% off coupon a couple months ago, but it looks like it is expired now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back