Oil gray after 15 miles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: spasm3
a few short oil changes are in order.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Don't dump it right away. Give the detergent time to work and catch contamination. 500 miles minimum.

+1

IF it was my ride, I'd go 500 miles, then go 1,000, then 1,500, the 2,500, then a few 4,000 intervals with an oil analysis after the engine's internals are cleaned up.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Don't dump it right away. Give the detergent time to work and catch contamination. 500 miles minimum.

+1

And verify all other fluids (cooland, PS, brake, trans) are in good shape and add some fuel system cleaner (Techron, Regane, ... etc). If you are confident that everything is working well give it a couple Italian Tuneups then change the oil.

Some marvel mystery oil will clean that up real fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would 1 QT or substitute 2 Quarts of OIL or Marvel Mystery Oil... Then drive like 10 or 15 miles and let it idle and then change it...

If you only use 1 Quart of Marvel Mystery Oil, then you can run 3000 miles or whatever you want... but with 2 QTs of it.. i wouldn't go that long, that would be just to clean the engine and I would use a cheap oil since your going to change it so fast...

and use a Oil filter with good filtration....... so you get FLOW.... you want as much oil to go through that filter as fast as possible.

Nice regular Purolator,
or since your going to change it so fast even a cheap fram.

Marvel will clean it fast!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back