Gunk 5 Minute flush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The filter that has many miles on it.
5000miles.png

Fram filter running for 15 minutes with gunk 5 minute engine flush through it.
(De-sludgeing)

flushed.png

I understand the threat that this additive poses to our engines.

But I have used it with good results several times now.
NEVER IN THE SAME AUTO THOW!

After seeing large amounts of sludge wile replaceing a valve cover gasget, I ran the flush.
Before it had ran its full 5 minutes, the lifter ticks stoped. The enging quit its hard miss. It started ildeing smoother. And the blowback stoped completely.

My buddy helping me couldent belive it. We changed the oil (the filter again) and its still running great.
My buddy wanted to do his truck also.
Althow I felt his DID NOT NEED IT.
I figured it was safer with me doing it than if he did it alone. We did the same thing to his.
Its ildeing smother also, and although I never her his truck making a noise, he said his is a lot quieter at upper rpm's.
His truck stopped using oil (it smoked a little) completely. And my mileage has increased by 5 mpg, he said his is up by 7 mpg.
Now the (after effects) (mpg) improvement is more than likely the new oil,(PP 5-30W) not All of it is...

I cant wait to get hold of some autorx!.

Just our experiences.

In my case gunk was junk. Ran for 15 mins, and oil that I used just for flush case out same as it was. No signs on anything washed out.

Originally Posted By: da_slash
And my mileage has increased by 5 mpg, he said his is up by 7 mpg.
Running a miracle-in-a-can for 5 minutes gained you that much? Uh....okay.
Now the (after effects) (mpg) improvement is more than likely the new oil,(PP 5-30W) not All of it is...
I'm highly skeptical of that, too. Just changing the oil isn't going to give you a MPG increase even remotely that high.

Originally Posted By: 147_Grain
What is the main ingredient in the Gunk?

This is all I could find.

Aliphatic petroleum distillate 80%
Diethylene glycol monobutyl ether 5%

Hydrotreated heavy naphthenic distillate solvent extract >15%
Hydrotreated light naphthenic distillate solvent extract >15%

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
My house to memphis is 164 miles round trip. I used 13.6 gallons on trip 1, 13..9 on trip 2.
After the oil change: 9.1
Than 9.5
Same weather, same r oad conditions. I think I had a partal stuck valve.and now its freed up.
I'm highly skeptical of that, too. Just changing the oil isn't going to give you a MPG increase even remotely that high.

I am just stating the facts.
A freed stuck lifter/valve is hardly a miracle. Nor is it in a can.

Anyway. I'm very happy with the motor flush that's all I am saying.

before flush.
sludge1.jpg

After flush.
sludge2.jpg

Yes it dose look and smell like kerosene.
lol I have used kerosene before too. lol.
This is the trash u see in the filter on the earlier pic.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord

I am also raising the bull pie flag on this one. 5 and 7 miles per gallon gained by simply doing a flush. Sorry bud but if you had an engine that was so sludged that it was consuming this much fuel and a single flush fixed it I'm thinking that the engine would have barely ran in the first place.
A stuck lifter doesn't cost you 5mpg.
What you've described isn't possible. Sorry

I've used that gunk engine flush in my fox 5.0. Just to satisfy my own curiosity I added a gallon of supertech and a quart of flush. The oil barely darkened in 15 minutes of idling.
I can truly say that in 60 miles of driving with M1 5w-20 the oil darkened more than the flush with supertech.
So my "facts" are much different than yours. I'm not saying your lying,however I believe you are being extremely loose with "facts",or the actual definition of the word

Idk what else changed.
Nothing else has changed.
Same gas out a same stations.
I haven't changed fuel filter nor pvc valve yet.
I will soon, but not yet.
I toped off the antifreeze.
Everything else is the same. My mileage is still improveing if anything.
The filter with who knows how many miles in it hasent got much of anything in it, and the filter that I used just for the 10 minutes while flushing is cramed full.

I guess it can just be a coincidence that a bunch of trash fell out of my motor at the same time as I pour that gunk in.
But I'm haveing a hard time with that.
Than there was the tick that went away at the same time. Even thow it never stoped the entire time I drove the truck.
It went away slso and hasent came back yet.
It was just a great day/hour to be my truck I guess.
I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back