Q's about what Auto-RX could do for my 350TBI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some questions about what Auto-RX could do for my '95 K1500 350TBI w/ 168k miles.

Background: Original owner did routine 3-5k mile OCI's at quick lube using 10-30 QS or Pennz. The last few years, Pennz 30HD was used.

I have run 2 OCI's with Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic.

Currently I have Delo SAE 30 w/ Super Tech filter w/ less than 200 miles.

The engine seems to possibly have some blow-by. There is small oil accumulation at the driver's side middle intake manifold area next to the valve cover.

Light blue smoke puffs from the tail pipes, though minimal.

The truck is not driven much. Mainly used to go to the beach, or to haul something in the bed. I will drive it less than 5000 miles this year.

What could I gain from an application or two of Auto-RX?

I did a search and did not find anyone with a 350TBI in a truck that used Auto-RX.

Your comments please.

You have 168,000 miles that engine is dirty. Use the application for engines over 100,000 miles. Check your compression and combustion efficiency before Auto-Rx and after. Please post your results.Read our guarantee.

Well you know how much I love the stuff and I'm sure you've heard my results.

It should certainly reduce oil consumption and more then likely will increase gas mileage.

Heck, I put it into my truck. It's taken about 8 months just to get the cleaning phase done!

Our '87 Suburban 3/4Ton with TB 350 had 110K on it and ran poorly this winter. We bought it seven years ago with 47K on it knowing the valve seals were bad on two cyls. I have used MaxLife 10W30 in the past with good - not excellent results. The smoking reduced considerably, but never went away. It also came right back if I changed back to a regular dino.

This winter I decided to do an Auto R-X treatment. I expected more immediate results with the smoking at startup much like the MaxLife. It did reduce it, but not by much. The engine did run much smoother after only 500 miles of the cleaning phase. Now 1200 miles in the rinse phase any smoking on startup is barely preceptable. I am tetering on selling the truck so I am unsure if I will do a second treatment. I am positive if I keep the truck and perform the second treatment the engine will be the equal or better of one with half the mileage.

Will Chevron Delo SAE30 be appropriate for the cleaning/rinse phases?

I assume Maxlife Dino would not be a good rinse oil b/c of it's PAO content, correct?

Also, if Auto-Rx comes in a 12oz bottle, and the engine holds 5 qts, I use 10oz's, like the website says.

If it consumes a qt of oil during the cleaning phase, do I pour in the remaining 2oz's, or save it for the maint phase?

I will do two cycles, per the high milage A-Rx plan (1500 on/2000 off/ 1000 on/2000 off). If I don't add the additional 2oz's from both bottles, I'll have enough left over for two OCI maint phases.

Your thoughts please.

88 chevy g20 5.7 tbi.
2 rounds of arx.
made a noticeable difference via butt dyno.
reduced oil usage.
cleaned up some gunked up lifters.
didnt get the sludge out of the valley.
since i dont drive down the road with a borescope and inpection flashlight down the distributer hole it dont much matter.
bet you will see an improvement.
moreso if the engine has had poor maintainence as mine did by the p.o

personally Iwouldn't make it so complicated ...just dump the whole bottle in , and move on with your life...I dumped the whole bottle in my motorcycle and it has a 4quart pan ...and doesn't burn oil ..it will not make ethe engine explode
smile.gif

yes I would just add it to your Delo...great oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back