Diesel Kleen of any use with gas engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just plain old curiosity: I was looking at the claims of Diesel Kleen + Cetane Boost from Power Service Products. Is this of any use, in any amount,with a gasoline fueled engine? Claims are Cetane boost (up to 6 numbers), cleans dirty injectors, fuel lubrication, prevents system corrosion, stabilizes fuel. Thanks ahead of time for any factual info.

It smells a lot like pure diesel fuel and trucks can run on pure power service, so I am not sure that is a diesel additive I would pick to run in a gasser.

Try FPPF Total Power if you must.

quote:

Originally posted by Vstrom:
Well if it raises cetane that might mean it would LOWER octane, not what you want in a gas engine...

Very true. Cetane is the oposite of Octane. You WANT a diesel to ignite from compression only.

I've tried it with a gas engine at 5 oz per 10 gallons. Seemed to provide more power and better mileage. Only tried thru one tank though...waiting for summer weather to test again.

The cetane rating of diesel fuel is a rating of ignition lag...how soon after injection the fuel ignites. Higher cetane (more prompt ignition) is better.

You do not want a cetane improver in gasoline. Years ago I got a tank of gasoline shipped in a tanker truck with some diesel fuel still in the tank...worse pinging I've ever heard.

Ken

Kestas, do you think that the reason for the ping was lingering hot residuals that preignited the intake charge? That's what happens if you suck oil past the rings on high speed vacuum braking ..you'll get pinging until the smoldering oil is consumed.
dunno.gif

My brother mistakenly put some of this in his turbo Saab 900. That poor thing pinged like crazy until he burned off enough fuel to dilute it out with some premium gas. The APC/knock sensor wouldn't let the turbo build up any boost. He ended up putting the rest of that bottle into his home heating oil tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back