how sharp should i get my lawnmower blade??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bigdreama
Just manhandle it up and prop it up on a piece of PVC like I do!
grin.gif

shocked.gif

I ended up just using the floor jack under the engine- there is a little metal uh, not sure how to describe it. There is a heavy duty cast in metal bracket under the engine. I just put it on that. \o|

I like the "romanian" style lift. I can almost hear the cursing when you accidentally elbow the pvc away when the phone rings or something.
Schkoll!

I would tie-off that bumper on a large tree limb as a safety measure. I did the same thing when I re-wired under my flatbed trailer but I had it tied off (chains) on two ends with two tractors/loaders and using three 4" angle iron to prop it up.

For push mower: I would determine the sharpness of the blade by means of checking the tip of the freshly cut grass a couple of days down the road: if tip turns yellow, blade is not sharp enough to do the job.

typically, I'd file my blade twice a year to ensure consistent performance and good cut.

Q.

This is what the ones on the tractor look like after I got done with them. This is how I sharpen blades. I also first use the wire brush side of the grinder to clean all the junk off them.

20130418_154712_zps78b0dfff.jpg

20130418_154718_zpscbf60c3c.jpg

20130418_154715_zpsc52b616e.jpg

They are very sharp. Just how I like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back