2013 Subaru Outback airbag error...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So,
My Dad traded in his 2005 ranger on a 2013 outback premium because he liked my forester.

Hes had it a few months and besides the turdtastic factory tires he replaced hes been happy with it.

Fast forward to last week.

The passenger seat belt chime started going off constantly, and the airbag light came on.

He eventually disabled the chime by plugging and unplugging the seatbelt 30x in 30s (or something like that)

Dropped the car off at subaru..

apparantly it needs some kind of seat sensor that isnt available. All production is going into new cars and there are no spare parts.

The subaru engineer came out to the dealer and said its because the part is too sensitive to moisture..

ie snowy boots from person in back seat.

So he has a rental legacy and they said he cant have his car back until they have a replacement part from japan because its a safety issue.

Sounds like the guy who needed a new short block and couldnt get the car back because there were no shortblocks.They gave him a new car instead.Seems these 2013 Subarus are terrible on quality,things like dog tracking in the snow and staggered wheelbase dimensions one side to the other,with one wheel dragging snow against the flap.

And here I thought it was only German cars that had funky obscure parts fail
wink.gif

I actually really like the 2013 outback.. its more big car feel than my forester and has less maneuverability

but It has 10" of ground clearance, AWD, very comfy interior

REALLY nice and quiet (compared to my forester)

Tons of room, 6MT and very nice clutch..

I told him he should make them give him a WRX or something to put a smile on his face at least.. not the stripper Legacy CVT.

He hated the factory contis so I told him about nokian WRG2's

that car is pretty beast mode with those on it. Handles better too. The oem conties were marshmallows at best.

his free rental legacy has Turdanzas..(el-400's) sigh.. even worse

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
And here I thought it was only German cars that had funky obscure parts fail
wink.gif

I had to wait a week for the passenger seat motor wiring harness on my GTO
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back