anybody ever go to the doller store to look at oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at A doller store near my house having a key made and i decided to wonder off in the store to look around,sometime's i find black magic tire and engine cleener's for a 1 or gum out injection cleaner. but I always laugh at the strange no name oil's they sell

Do they look like this?

img24.jpg

I do the same a lot of the oils I saw where made by Warren I believe WM cheapest oil is a Warren product the single Qts.

I feel bad for people who shop at places like that (poor) and think they are helping their cars with this garbage.

I think companies that make this non usable oil/snake oil are very deceptive and prey on people who do not know better.

Family Dollar carries American XT, a Warren oil, and it's actually pretty good.
Dollar General has DG Auto oil which says 1988 and older vehicles only on it. I've never tried it.
Both stores carry name brands as well, like PYB, QSGB, STP, Peak, Castrol.

Not only do I look, I bought out all the Dollar Trees in my area several years back when they carried Trop Artic Synthetic Blend for $.99/quart! That lasted me for years.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Not only do I look, I bought out all the Dollar Trees in my area several years back when they carried Trop Artic Synthetic Blend for $.99/quart! That lasted me for years.

hahaha lucky

All I ever used for transmissions in high school was the American XT from Family Dollar. Used it in my vehicles and any of my friends or coworkers that I serviced for them. Never had any issues. Later found out it was made by Warren so no surprise it was a decent product. I continued using Warren with the Supertech ATF from Wal Mart no issues there either. I never realized it was the same stuff until I started reading here on BITOG.

Originally Posted By: JohnathanDm
I was at A doller store near my house having a key made and i decided to wonder off in the store to look around,sometime's i find black magic tire and engine cleener's for a 1 or gum out injection cleaner. but I always laugh at the strange no name oil's they sell

Like this?

oil.jpg

Last edited:
The auto section is worth a look in every store you venture into that has one.
You'll sometimes find some real deals on stuff you'd actually use.

Originally Posted By: Tegger
Originally Posted By: JohnathanDm

Like this?

oil.jpg

crackmeup2.gif

I was expecting great deals on Pennsoil and Quacker State...straight from PRoC

The only nd oils I see here is chalet and it has a warning about not designed for cars built after 1930 so people have been warned. The rest of the oils I see are wpp products and are sm and sn rated so those are ok to use.,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back