Any motomaster formula 1 synthetic 5w30 oil voa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea says shell in the msds. Just want proof from a voa that it is formula shell re badged. How much would it be to get some sent away to a company? Any home kits that one could use?

So whats the secret to find the sales on synthetic oil in canada?

walmart had castrol syntec for $25 4.xx jug last fill now
frown.gif

Real canadian whole sale had mobil 1 for $25 4.xx jug The iron in uoa section scares me away from mobil 1 now lol.

kijiji i got some mobil 1 cases for the cheapest. one time deal.

Seems like walmart is the only place to keep a eye on. Casual visits and check online.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cxserver
So whats the secret to find the sales on synthetic oil in canada?

walmart had castrol syntec for $25 4.xx jug last fill now
frown.gif

Real canadian whole sale had mobil 1 for $25 4.xx jug The iron in uoa section scares me away from mobil 1 now lol.

kijiji i got some mobil 1 cases for the cheapest. one time deal.

Seems like walmart is the only place to keep a eye on. Casual visits and check online.

I've never seen Walmart put any Mobil products on sale here as of yet however they routinely put pennzoil and Quaker state on sale. Every month or so you can get Quaker state ultimate durability or pennzoil platinum for under 25 bucks a jug.
I saw castrol on sale too last week with the Quaker state for the same price. I started a thread on which the forum thought was a better oil and it was overwhelming in favour of Quaker state.
I see VWB go on sale too sometimes for under 10 bucks a jug. I grab that stuff for my small engines at work since 10 bucks a jug for name brand oil is tough to beat.

That's probably going to end, since our RCWC has Do Not Order signs on the M1 shelves, and the QSUD replacing it is more expensive than their M1. For synthetic sales, basically, keep an eye on Walmart, Canadian Tire, Partsource, and NAPA. The last three don't have great deals on conventional, but they sometimes do very well on synthetic. Heck, sometimes NAPA's best synthetic deal is just under $20 for a five litre jug.

Can't figure out how to get the full UOA on here but here are the comments from Blackstone.
Copy Paste info is scattered all over the place?
DAN: Nothing problematic was found in this sample. Universal averages show how metals should read after
about 8,200 km on the oil. You're already running longer, but you're still getting better-than-average wear in
most cases. Lead was a touch higher than average, but a mere 2 ppm isn't anything worth losing sleep over.
There was no contamination like coolant, water, fuel, or excessive dirt present in the sample, and both the
viscosity and the TBN (which measured 3.1) held up nicely. You shouldn't have any problems with a 12,000
km run next time.
1989 Olds 98 3.8L 380,000 km. 10,000km oil change interval. using cheap Napa oil filter
Just an FYI Formula 1 oil goes on sale at CTC every year before Christmas for $19.99 a 5 quart jug.
I bought 15 jugs to stock up.

Well i seen the ranger uoa from 2007 and a nissan uoa from 2012. Looks like the same add pack as the castrol syntec i have been using.

Canadian tire msds says 2010 and pour point of only -27!? that cant be right. Any input?

If it was a better pour point i will pull the trigger on this stuff for sure.

Dan i for sure would like to see the moly,phos ect from your uoa if you figure it out.

Canadian tire msds says 2010 and pour point of only -27!? that cant be right. Any input?

It's probably inaccurate. The MSDS is not the best source of information for oil specifications. Heck, plenty of conventional 5w-30s have lower pour points than that.

yea -27 for motomaster f1 synthetic seems way off. castrol gtx said -33 pour point.

Freezer test could be a primitive test against some oils in my stash for a cold pour test.

yea -27 for motomaster f1 synthetic seems way off. castrol gtx said -33 pour point.

Absolutely. I've seen synthetic 15w-40s with better pour points than that one. I'd suggest you check SOPUS's website for the PDS on Formula Shell Synthetic, but they had a couple of whoppers on that sheet, and I'm not sure they've been fixed.

Hate to re-open an old forum post, but I recently sent a virgin unused oil analysis for the Motomaster Formula 1 5W-30 synthetic oil
AGAT Labs Calgary

Aluminum-------0
Chromium------0
Copper----------0
Iron---------------1
Tin----------------0
Lead-------------1
Silicon----------23
Molybdenum---0
Nickel------------0
Silver------------1
Potasium-------0
Sodium---------0
Boron----------56
Barium---------4
Calcium--------3
Magnesium---14
Maganese-----0
Phosphorous--227
Zinc-------------3
Visc 40 C------61.1
Visc 100 C----10.3
TAN-------------1.48
TBN-------------6.1

^^^^ that doesn't look correct, phosphorus and zinc shouldn't be that low, and neither should calcium. TBN seems very low for virgin oil too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back