Kreen Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see many truck engines, mostly car turbo diesels and the only ones with carbon deposits are those from inner city use, taxis in particular. The solution is a better oil and in some cases a fuel additive, although you don't really need fuel additives if your fuel quality is good. The direct use injection cleaners are used sometimes by the taxi folks prior to an emissions test in particular.
I have seen a few coked cylinders caused by worn fuel injectors, but because most folks don't drive around with a smoker for very long before the Police stop them, those cases are very rare.
Liqui Moly are my local company and although they also produce an oil scourer additive, they are at least including a warning that it is not to be used for severe sludge cases, the oil pump feed screen should be checked first and high RPM use should be avoided. The same warning should be added to any of the drive around snake oils.

Last edited:
Skyship why do you have to wreck every single additive thread?
Carbon builds up on rings and doesn't let them push out on the cylinders in abused engines. Stop your babbling and move on

Originally Posted By: skyship
I don't see many truck engines, mostly car turbo diesels and the only ones with carbon deposits are those from inner city use, taxis in particular.

Do you know the difference between pistons and cylinders? How about the difference between rings and walls? We're talking (well, I've been lurking -- something you appear to not know how to do -- but now I'm talking) about piston rings, while you're talking about cylinder walls, and the causes (and cures) for deposits are different in those two locations. You don't really get much fuel in the oil control ring (otherwise it might be called the fuel control ring, no?) so what the [censored] is a fuel additive going to do there? If you happen to have an engine that is prone to hot spots and/or doesn't have an adequate oil return path (98-01 1zz-fe, anyone? that gem suffers both), oil gets trapped in the rings and cooked; coke, not carbon deposits. Learn the difference before you spout off, or stop wondering why people say things like "nobody listens to him anyway".

Last edited:
I firmly believe that a high quality synthetic oil can indeed clean the ring-pack area. Electro and I have both had plenty of soft carbon deposits in our oil filters on our Modulars, which I'm certain come from this area.

However, I also believe that in severe cases this may not be enough.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
I firmly believe that a high quality synthetic oil can indeed clean the ring-pack area. Electro and I have both had plenty of soft carbon deposits in our oil filters on our Modulars, which I'm certain come from this area.

If it means anything, i get soft deposits in my BMW oil filter after every oil/filter change every 4,000 or so miles with no oil burning that I can tell. Last change was with 10w40 Pennzoil HM oil

This is is after 3 Auto-rx treatments and two kreen treatments over the past 4 years. Of course this BMW has 225,000 miles on on it. So who knows. Perhaps ther is a residual effect that keeps cleaning for soem period.

Last edited:

11.gif

If its a bad case I like to jump start it with an additive then let a good synthetic finish it up.

Originally Posted By: KeMBro2012
Originally Posted By: skyship
I don't see many truck engines, mostly car turbo diesels and the only ones with carbon deposits are those from inner city use, taxis in particular.

Do you know the difference between pistons and cylinders? How about the difference between rings and walls? We're talking (well, I've been lurking -- something you appear to not know how to do -- but now I'm talking) about piston rings, while you're talking about cylinder walls, and the causes (and cures) for deposits are different in those two locations. You don't really get much fuel in the oil control ring (otherwise it might be called the fuel control ring, no?) so what the [censored] is a fuel additive going to do there? If you happen to have an engine that is prone to hot spots and/or doesn't have an adequate oil return path (98-01 1zz-fe, anyone? that gem suffers both), oil gets trapped in the rings and cooked; coke, not carbon deposits. Learn the difference before you spout off, or stop wondering why people say things like "nobody listens to him anyway".

He dont say much but when he does it's to the point! !!
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: electrolover

11.gif

If its a bad case I like to jump start it with an additive then let a good synthetic finish it up.

I'm not an additive guy, so in the bad case (Focus) I started with Redline, LOL
grin.gif

cheers3.gif

Oh yeah redline is the ticket !!!!

Representatives of redline motor oil PLEASE pm me for shipping info
lol.gif

id even let them paint the side of my car for free oil!!!

Originally Posted By: Grebbler
I do have a question about ring soaking.

Did someone somewhere say that the Kano folks say to put the stuff in, REINSTALL the plugs and crank motor a bit?

Yet, folks here say to keep plugs out (to prevent hydro-lock, I assume). Wouldn't the Kreen just stay in a puddle part way up the piston?

The vertical 4 banger will be easy - pour and soak.
In a V motor, wouldn't agitation and compression force the Kreen all around and into the entire ring pack and heads more effectively?

I mean, If I read right, there should be a reason the plugs should stay in. Solvent evaporation, maybe?

Just a thought.

Ed

I'm glad you asked this. I asked the same thing way back, on the page 18 of this IIRC, and noone replied. I personally was afraid of hydrolocking and didn't follow the directions literally. But, if they are safe indeed, I will try that next time. Maybe that pressure from cranking is needed to force kreen inside the ring groves?

Originally Posted By: Artem

I did a piston soak on a 2003 Nissan Altima 2.5L. I reinstalled the plugs as the instructions say.

I assume that you installed the plugs to seals the cylinders and make pressure during compression, while the engine cracks. This forces Kreen down into the rings, etc.

Artem, how much Kreen did you put inside each cylinder? 2.5L is 4-cylinder, right? Did you crank with spark plugs immediately after pouring Kreen?

Also, what effects did you notice?

Thanks!

I don't know why Skyship but to me your posts always read like you are typing your post while reading from a book or a manual. Now I don't care for most oil supplements myself. I think most are junk. But I think there are a few that are worthwhile.

Redline has been making racing oils and motor oils for a long time. I think they still make an oil supplement. Don't you think there might be a difference between the Redline product and stuff somebody would find in an auto parts store? What about Schaeffer's and Lubegard?

And Amsoil is a professional name brand company. I think they probably researched their engine flushes.

Perhaps you could find some reading material on Amsoil engine flushes, and Redline, Lubegard, and Schaeffer's products? And after you found out about those products perhaps you could type up another post while reading about those products.

Or maybe see if you can find any documentation on how many engines were destroyed last year by engine flushes and oil supplements. If you could find anything on that you could read up on it and then post about that. We would all stop using engine cleaners and oil supplements after you posted how many engines were destroyed.

Originally Posted By: Mystic

Or maybe see if you can find any documentation on how many engines were destroyed last year by engine flushes and oil supplements. If you could find anything on that you could read up on it and then post about that. We would all stop using engine cleaners and oil supplements after you posted how many engines were destroyed.

I already asked him a similar question, and never saw any documentation. I don't think you will either, but you will get the usual reply about following the OM, use a quality synthetic, etc., etc., etc. No thinking out of the box just the usual textbook garbage we've come to know and love from him.

I do kind of love his posts I have to admit. When he does not post for a while I kind of get withdrawals.

It is almost like a computer somewhere that has a certain data bank of information. Or maybe those are the manuals that insurance and warranty claims investigators read to car owners who used an oil supplement and now are getting their warranty claims denied.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
Originally Posted By: Artem

I did a piston soak on a 2003 Nissan Altima 2.5L. I reinstalled the plugs as the instructions say.

I assume that you installed the plugs to seals the cylinders and make pressure during compression, while the engine cracks. This forces Kreen down into the rings, etc.

Artem, how much Kreen did you put inside each cylinder? 2.5L is 4-cylinder, right? Did you crank with spark plugs immediately after pouring Kreen?

Also, what effects did you notice?

Thanks!

I poured in the recommended amount per cylinder. I don't remember off the top of my head how much that was.
I then installed the plugs and turned the engine over 2-3 seconds x 2-3 times with a few seconds pause in between cranks.

I then removed the plugs to experiment and it seemed to crank the same.

After an overnight soak, it fired up after a bit of initial hesitation. Been running fine ever since.

I'm sure you need more water then the 3oz per cylinder that they recommend.

Originally Posted By: Mystic

It is almost like a computer somewhere that has a certain data bank of bad or false information.

There, I fixed it for you.
laugh.gif

Kreen

Internal Engine Cleaner - Improves Performance
Guaranteed to improve your engines performance. When added to
either the gas or oil of your engine, Kreen dissolves the carbon deposit
buildups and varnishing to Improve Compression · Increase Gas Mileage
Reduce Downtime · Restore Power By thoroughly cleaning the rings, valve, and fuel injectors - Kreen gives new life back in any gas or diesel engine.
Money Back Guarantee

My friend has a 1987 Chevrolet Camaro that has some oil consumption issues, he did a compression test and told me that 3 of his cylinders were low on compression.

It seems like Kreen might work for my friend and this product does have a money back guarantee, not many oil additives have money back guarantees, should my friend give Kreen a shot.

Originally Posted By: V8man
Kreen

Reduce Downtime · Restore Power By thoroughly cleaning the rings, valve, and fuel injectors - Kreen gives new life back in any gas or diesel engine.
Money Back Guarantee

My friend has a 1987 Chevrolet Camaro that has some oil consumption issues, he did a compression test and told me that 3 of his cylinders were low on compression.

It seems like Kreen might work for my friend and this product does have a money back guarantee, not many oil additives have money back guarantees, should my friend give Kreen a shot.

Your friend should give it a shot. It works, has a real guarantee that will cover him if he isn't satisfied, no questions asked, no B_S. ZERO risk to him!

If he uses it post the results.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: V8man
Kreen

Money Back Guarantee

Your friend should give it a shot. It works, has a real guarantee that will cover him if he isn't satisfied, no questions asked, no B_S. ZERO risk to him!

If he uses it post the results.

With the Compression Issue, should Kreen be used in the fuel and the oil, or just in the oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back