Federal Tires Any Good? Your Input Is Welcome..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a set of federal radial/tubeless/standard load tires for a 2000 Plymouth Voyager number SS657 size 215/65R15 96H traction A Temperature A treadwear 420
I don't know that much about tires but they looked good i am thinking of putting them on my Voyager what do you guys think about those tires? All input will be welcome..

Did you buy them online or in person? For a Voyager you can't really go wrong.

I forgot i have them on my seville i guess my tire guy likes them i know he has them on his truck also. Anyone with any other information would be great. I dont like michelin had them on a new Mercedes and they dry rotted in three years from the factory (came with the car) also had a bubble in one...
My Voyager carries a lot of weight (engine parts) and other shop material

What about Starfires (340sf) My Aunt has them on her Windstar, and I've been impressed on how well they have held up...

I don't know anything about the Federal tires, but I agree with the Starfire idea. Those are my go to tire for a budget decent tire. Cuts through the snow/rain without much trouble. Might be a little louder than name brand, but not much louder.

From what I have seen, they are garbage (though better than primewell's). Spend another 10-20 and buy a name brand tire.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
She'll handle well, but they'll wear faster....
Seems about right. I salvaged a pair of 4 on nice rims from a used car purchase almost 2 yrs ago, and I've thought, ever since swapping to my subie, that my imp now handles around turns like a porsche. seems like soft rubber though, probably with a low treadwear index; that pair had absorbed a few nails too, that I had to patch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back