Tire Pressure Monitoring System Learn Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I have eight tires (winter/summer) each with its own TPMS sensor, if I can find a decent tool for a reasonable price that would seem to make $en$e over paying a garage to input the codes twice a year.

I have only found the Schrader 21210 on Amazon and would welcome any recommendations or advice.

ON my impala u just set dash to re learn, then remove or add air in the tires one by one,till you hear the horn beep then move to the next one,super simple.

Even simpler on mine, no buttons, nothing.

Shuffle the tires any way you want and the system figures it out before I get to the end of the driveway.

Originally Posted By: zoomie
This is for my vibe, I have watched the codes (alpha-numeric) inputted at GM dealerships by a what looks like a tool costing thousands.

Like said in the other replies, it's ALL make/model specific. Hopefully another ~2009 Vibe owner can chime in. I'm not sure a Toyota Matrix would even be the same.

Joel

How much do the shops charge you to relearn?

The tire shop I worked at did free summer/winter swaps (with or without rims) with free TPMS learning if you bought both sets of tires from them. We'd even store them for you.

Do you have different rims just so you don't have to swap the tires or due to protecting the finish? If for protection it makes some sense if they are expensive wheels. If for nothing more than convenience then it may be cheaper to not have to buy the second set of TPMS sensors, rims and pay for the recalibration each time. Many vehicles allow you to just let air out if the sensors themselves are already programmed into it.

The basic tools are a few hundred bucks. May not be worth your while.

Did you read my PM's?? You must have a Tech 2 (which you CANNOT get for $335..add another $1200 or so) or suitable aftermarket TPMS tool like in the links I sent you.

You started another thread when I already gave you the answer in your other post, lol.

But I did pull the 2009 data:

Service Information
2009 Pontiac Vibe - FWD | Vibe VIN S Service Manual | Document ID: 2504877
#10-03-16-001: TPMS System Service and Re-Learning Sensor IDs - (Jul 19, 2010)

Subject: TPMS System Service and Re-Learning Sensor IDs

Models: 2011 and Prior GM Passenger Cars and Light Duty Trucks
2010 and Prior HUMMER H2
2009 and Prior HUMMER H3
2010 and Prior Saturn Models
2009 and Prior Saab 9-7X
with Wheel-Mounted Tire Pressure Sensors

In the event that the spare tire, which is normally not equipped with a tire pressure monitor (TPM) sensor, is installed in place of one of the road tires and the vehicle is driven above 40 km/h (25 mph) for 20 minutes or more, the TPM indicator icon on the instrument panel cluster (IPC) will flash for approximately one minute and then remain on steady each time the ignition is turned ON, indicating a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) has been set.

The driver information center (DIC), if equipped, will also display a SERVICE TIRE MONITOR type message. When the road tire is repaired and reinstalled in the original location, the TPM indicator icon illumination and DIC message may remain displayed until the DTC is cleared.

To ensure that the TPM indicator and the DIC message are cleared after service, it is necessary to clear any TPM DTCs using a scan tool. If a scan tool is unavailable, performing the TPM relearn procedure using a TPM diagnostic tool will provide the same results.

It is advised to perform the relearn procedure away from other vehicles to prevent picking up a stray sensor signal. If one or more of the TPM sensors are missing or damaged and have been replaced, then the relearn procedure must be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© 2012 General Motors. All rights reserved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back