Does Fram makes Mobil 1 Oil Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went into Mobil 1 website to check out what Mobil 1 Oil Filter I have to use for my Honda Odyssey. Came out with the following results, does that means that Fram also makes Mobil 1 and Champion oil filters?

Current Vehicle:
Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: Odyssey
Engine Type: 6cyl. 3.5Liter Naturally Aspirated

Filter matches for the vehicle you selected:

Mobil 1

Mobil 1 Model M1104

Other options

Champion Model PH2808

Fram Model PH3593A

Fram Model TG3593A

Fram Model XG3593A

This web site is updated monthly. Always consult your vehicle manufacturer's manual for information specific to your automobile.

No ... they are just giving some cross-reference info of the Champion and FRAM filters that will also fit that car.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
No ... they are just giving some cross-reference info of the Champion and FRAM filters that will also fit that car.

That's strange, why would they recommend a competitor's product?

Champion Laboratories makes Mobil 1, K&N, and Royal Purple oil filters, along with about a million private-labels.

Now that Champion and FRAM are both owned by the same people, I expect to see more cross-pollination in future.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
Champion Laboratories makes Mobil 1, K&N, and Royal Purple oil filters, along with about a million private-labels.

Now that Champion and FRAM are both owned by the same people, I expect to see more cross-pollination in future.

That makes sense.

Use the M1 oil filter up to 15k miles of use and let the engine benefit from the improved filtration that M1's offer over the cheaper competition.

That, too, but there are several other filter sites that give competitors' model numbers.

Me, I expect to see more "FRAMINAZATION" to their other filters!

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
Me, I expect to see more "FRAMINAZATION" to their other filters!
Like the dreaded BCOD Ecore & paper endcap they sell to WalMart for the TLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back