Engine oil change for Auto -RX

Status
Not open for further replies.
My car is 1998 Camry. One month back I added “Wynn’s” Engine tune-up liquid into the crankcase.

Currently I want to apply the Auto-RX to remove the Engine sludge.Is it OK to add the Auto-RX to this engine oil or do I need to replace it with new engine oil for better performance of Auto-RX.

Please post your ideas.

Thanks in advance,

With Regards
Chand

Since you are stating that you do have sludge, I personally would drain the old oil out (AND THE FILTER) and start with the Auto-RX.

It may be good to change oil and remove the “Wynn’s” Engine tune-up liquid, since it may be a competing chemistry with the Auto-RX. I am doing Auto-RX on both my vehicles the past few weeks. Drained oil and changed filter in each vehicle (Supertech oil and Valucraft filter). Bought a few cases of Chevron oil on sale for 88 Cents a quart for the rinse phase. As sprintman said, oil is cheap.

Their right if you read its best to start with as light weight petroleum based oil as you owners manual will allow and a new filter. I used Supertech oil 5/30 (Walmart) for 1500 miles for the cleaning phase and Changed to Chevron Supream 10/30 for the rince phase.(2000)
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back