When will it end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll trade ya for tomorrow's frost...
grin.gif

I just got an inch of snow in the last hour... was sunny and short-sleve warm this morning, raining about an hour ago, and an inch of snow when I went outside a second ago...

Originally Posted By: blackandblue
I just got an inch of snow in the last hour... was sunny and short-sleve warm this morning, raining about an hour ago, and an inch of snow when I went outside a second ago...

Sounds like MI..

Originally Posted By: blackandblue

It's snowing here as well. Should be a skating rink tomorrow morning. Yay! not...

Today here in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania we had a beautiful over cast day with 75 Fahrenheit lite breeze not too humid, and a great day to go for a walk with all the fall colors.

If every day in Pittsburgh was like today people would move here to retire.

Tomorrow they are calling for 81 Fahrenheit, with a slight possibility of a tie with the record of 84 for the date.

Also, Pennsylvania in general looking back over the last couple of decades, has in general had very good rainfall for the farmers.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Almost November and 90 degrees everyday, grass still growing like crazy... I am tired of mowing so often. This heat gotta break soon!

^^I LOVE it! I wish it would stay.

The mowing here has died down some. Looks like I'll be mowing in around 8-10 day intervals now until the growing stops. I usually only mow around once in December. Not looking forward to the leaves.

believe it or not, i know of a guy in indianpolis who had a business similar to mine, that commited suicide over the summer. from what i gather from his sister it was due to the lack of snow last winter and the horrible drought this summer. i sure feel for his family.

I'm sick of the heat and dry myself. We're supposed to get a break this weekend and I look forward to it.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
I'm sick of the heat and dry myself. We're supposed to get a break this weekend and I look forward to it.

I hear you. I live just north of CC and I am waiting for tomorrow afternoon for that cold front.

When I got up @ 6:00 AM this morning, it was 70 degrees. Now (2PM) it's 43 with a wind chill of 35. It ended. Yesterday it was 81 in our house. Tonight we'll need the heat.

Originally Posted By: bigmike
The mowing here has died down some. Looks like I'll be mowing in around 8-10 day intervals now until the growing stops. I usually only mow around once in December. Not looking forward to the leaves.

Me too. I generally mow once in Dec., then again in Jan or early Feb. I think many people around the nation does not realize mowing is a 12 month duty down south. I have spent too many Christmas days running around in shorts and sandals. Once the little lid next door played on Christmas day in his bathing suit with a water hose... I am not kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back