MOLY 157

TITANIUM 0

POTASSIUM 11

FUEL
VIS 100 9.69

WATER 0

COOLANT 0

TBN 3.4

Her is my first UOA on my 2011 WRX. Bought new in September 2011, changed to signature series @ 3kmi. I just wanted to make sure my oil will be top notch at 7500 which is Subaru's recommended oci on full syn. Look slike with my TBN I should have no problem making 7500 oci's.

For this interval I was running a Cobb stage 2 ots map and a perrin catted down pipe. This was daily driving with probably 75% over 50mph.

Here are blackstone's comments:
This report shows nice, normal wear levels after 6,568 miles of oil use, which is really good
considering that our universal averages are based on just ~3,900 miles on the oil for the typical EJ255 turbo
engine. That means that your WRX is wearing better than average on a per-mile basis, and it's showing no
signs of mechanical problems or other issues. The oil was free of harmful contaminants like fuel, dirt, or
moisture, and the TBN was still strong at 3.4 (1.0 is too low). Based on this report, 7,500 miles should be no
problem at all for your engine. Nice report!

Any input on my results would be appreciated, I don't have much to go off of since this is my baseline. Also since I'm kind of a forum newb if anyone could explain the process of inserting the entire blackstone report I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
The WRX turbo now has a 7,500 mile service interval? I thought the turbo versions were 3,750 mile OCI. I would recheck the owners manual. Ed

Yeah my manual states 7500 mi since now (my2011 and up) they require full synthetic. My understanding is that the oci used to be 7500 but that was when you could run conventional but that led to turbo lube line plugging. The fix they used was to reduce the oci but for the newer models the removed the filters that plug and spec full syn to get it back to 7500 oci's

Nice! Are you runnig the stock airbox? I don't recall if silicon is an additve in this oil if you're getting a little dirt in there.

The newer oils are showing some good results in WRX's, although there is only a handful of uoa's here on them. I would still probably run Amsoil Heavy Duty Diesel 5W-30. It's not like you have a warranty anyway running a DP and an AP reflash.
wink.gif
Be sure to check Amsoil's notes about mods.

-Dennis

Originally Posted By: bluesubie
Nice! Are you runnig the stock airbox? I don't recall if silicon is an additve in this oil if you're getting a little dirt in there.

The newer oils are showing some good results in WRX's, although there is only a handful of uoa's here on them. I would still probably run Amsoil Heavy Duty Diesel 5W-30. It's not like you have a warranty anyway running a DP and an AP reflash.
wink.gif
Be sure to check Amsoil's notes about mods.

-Dennis

Thanks for the input, I am running the stock intake system so I will check the filter out and make sure it's clean. This interval was using wix's 57712 and that is what I have on the car right now. If the next UOA has high silicon like this do you think i should switch back to the oem filter?

Also per the DP and AP I'm hoping to sneak that past the dealer. I just went back to stock this last weekend and need to take it in to get a new throw out bearing put in since it is ridiculous that it squeals.

My uoa's always showed si in the teens with the stock air filter, but dropped to the single digits with an Amsoil air filter. A dealer will be able to tell if you've changes any part of the exhaust. Maybe yours is mod friendly.

-Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back