Filter fitment, reverse lookup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I amassed a few new oil filters over the years. While I can look up a specific car to see if they fit it, I'd love to find a listing of all the vehicles a particular filter number fits.

It doesn't matter the make because I can look up the x-reference and search it that way. Does this info exist?

wixfilters.com

Click on "Filter Look-Up" in the top navigation area. Put in your filter number is the Competitor Interchange area to find the WIX equivalent. Select the appropriate WIX equivalent. Then, in the popup window, there will be an "All Applications" link.

pureoil.com

Also has some good tools. Use the Filter Finder to do the cross-reference lookup to find the Purolator equivalent. Then use the "Where It Fits" tool to find the applications.

Originally Posted By: CJK440
I amassed a few new oil filters over the years. While I can look up a specific car to see if they fit it, I'd love to find a listing of all the vehicles a particular filter number fits.

It doesn't matter the make because I can look up the x-reference and search it that way. Does this info exist?

Here ya go. Cross your filters to the Purolator, then use this tool on Purolator's website.

http://www.purolatorautofilters.net/resources/Pages/WhereUsedGuide.aspx

Originally Posted By: AuthorEditor
I hate to say it, but the Fram cross reference is also pretty good. Put in a "competitors" number and then when the Fram filter list comes up it also lists lots of other applications. Fram oil filter lookup.

Good find, thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back