Auto-Rx Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto-Rx.com is conducting a poll to find out the typical MPG gain after an ARX treatment. We'd appreciate if those that have gone thru a treatment would answer a one-question poll regarding their MPG gains, or lack of.

Please go to ARX MIleage Poll

Thanks.

From my experience with ARX, I submit the following as a fair statement. Should you have a carboned up expander ring, robbing your motor of compression, an ARX treatment will likely resore the functionality of the ring packs and ultimately give you the potential of increased efficiency. As long as you keep your foot out of the re-found performance, you will realize a level of fuel economy. Another possibility is that cleaning the top end of the motor, allowing the lubricating oil to perform at it highest level could reduce head temperatures. A cool top end and a warm bottom end is the ideal combination for increased horse power. However, once again the right foot can eat those enonomies as well. At the end of the day, ARX can help your mileage if it has fallen off from its optimum during its life. Of course the are are many other maintenance procedures that can help you as well. Tune up parts and setting, tire air pressure, air filtration, just to name a couple.

10 bucks says that three quarters of the people who saw a mileage increase fall into one of these categories
people who drove in a more fuel conscience manner
people who went by only one or two measurements before and after treatment
people who just figure their mileage based on "about how many miles before the tank is low"
people who never figured into the equation tire pressure, or weight changes in the car (did you happen to finish your Auto-RX treatment the same weekend you cleaned out your trunk?)
people who never factored in weather changes.

My point is this, I don't doubt that for some cars Auto-RX improves mileage by 1-3mpg, but here's what I do know, ethenol, air temp, tire PSI, weight, a different commute, different driving style (like coasting down hills, and not accelerating before an impending stop) can all effect mileage by a few MPG, and it's hard to negate all the factors.

I keep track of my fuel mileage with a spreadsheet. But that's because I'm a computer nut who is very interested in fuel economy. ;-)
And BTW, Auto-RX didn't improve my mileage at all.

I recently purchased a bottle of AutoRX. I will be doing an extensive evaluation(for my own purposes) of this product. I will share them here when I'm done. This will include the following: Before and after valvetrain pictures, gas mileage comparison, oil color pictures, and possibly Sound Db readings.

I drive 80+ miles per day, my car has 190k miles, I'm sure all with mineral oil. I have documented every filup for the 35,000 miles I've had the car, including gas station brand for the last 10-15,000. I hope this will be a accurate way of obtaining actuall gas mileage increase.
wink.gif

-T

Your survey should have check boxes for decreased gas mileage. As it is, it cannot help but show an increase in gas mileage after using auto-rx. Any survey set up like this is invalid.

This is about as valid as it gets.These results
were achieved by following the application instructions off the Auto-Rx web site.

Frank,
I have a '98 VW Passat 1.8T with 100k on it. The 1.8T engine is known for oil leaks around the half-moon shaped cam seals because of the design which prevents the seals from getting adequate pressure being applied by the bolts. The oil leaks down the back right corner of the head and drips onto the exhaust manifold, causing an awful smell in the cabin. My car had this leak. It wasn't a serious leak, but just enough to cause the smell when the car was sitting at a stoplight. Putting new cam seals in is about an $800-$1,000 job at the dealer, not something I was looking forward to doing.

500 miles ago I degreased the back and exhaust side of the head so I could see what would happen, and I replaced my oil with good dino oil and filter and topped it off with a bottle of Auto-RX. Well guess what? After 250 miles the oil leak slowed to almost nothing. There is now, 500 miles into it, no oil leak. I mean none! I mean the engine and seal area is bone dry! Not only that, there is no oil seepage anywhere on the engine. I degreased the whole engine so I could look for the usual places of tiny oil seepages and there is absolutely none. The engine looks brand new!

Not only that, it is quieter and smoother that it's been since I bought it with 70k miles on it. I can hear almost no valve train sounds at all. I can't wait to see how things are once I do the flush cycle. I'm also starting to see an improvement in MPG.

Great product! Saved me a bundle, and made the car a pleasure to drive again. I'm passing the word on to www.clubB5.com friends.

Eric Peterman
P.O. Box 373
Philo, CA 95466

T-Keith
Sorry about the first post. You dont happen to live anywhere in northern nevada? What i would like to see is a compression test before and after. I have every thing we need. I might order some arx and do some testing myself, I got an early fathersday present digital camera.

Sorry, central Minnesota.
grin.gif
I've got another 1000 miles to go, so it would still be a couple weeks before I would start.

-T

I am agreeing with Ray G. NOT scientific, mostly marketing.

But before I get lashed - HECK I LIKE AUTO-RX!

T-Keith - sounds like a great plan!!!! (keep it up- can I vote for your poll
grin.gif
)

I would prefer to see a before and after numbers. That way we can tell the percentages. Car make, model, engine, auto/manual, mileage on odometer, previous oil (dino/synthetic) would be nice for looking for trends.

Frank, I did not keep a close watch on the fuel economy gain-I do rough estimates and if the car seems to be getting the fuel mileage it should be getting I am happy.

But I do know that after I cleaned the engine in my previous car using Auto-Rx that a seal leak stopped.

I ran Auto-Rx in February, and not even for the full interval. I went to M1 5w-30 at that time for winter's sake, no leaks whatsoever as a result to going to a true synth.

Recently, I came back from Pittsburgh through Cinci...LOTS of hills that I thought would kill gas mileage. Quite the opposite...achieved 38.3 MPG w/o the A/C on. That's 3.3 MPG higher than Saturn rates this 1996 SL2! This is great stuff!

According to the trip computer in my Dad's Blazer, RX increased the mileage by at least 2 to 3 mpg on the highway. I added the stuff and did not tell my Dad at first, only after about 1000 miles, and he was very excited at the power gain (or recapturing of power/efficiency from 150,000 miles on the odo) and mileage increase.

According to my Olds trip/mileage computer I am up about 2 MPG on my Silhouette minivan w/113K mi.
I have about 300 miles to go before I change to the rinse oil. I expect mileage to increase further but if not, I am happy! This stuff is great and I am the worlds biggest skeptic of "snake oil" type products like Z-max etc...

I used 6 oz in the tranny, ran for 1000 miles and had it flushed - stopped most of the harsh shifting and whining the 4T65-E is known for.

I have put it in my 94 Mazda B2300 w/145K and I am definitely up in mileage but I am not sure how much yet until I fill her up today.

BTW these cars have had regular maint. and OCI's, new o2 sensors didn't affect mileage, so I cannot attribute these gains to anything but ARX
smile.gif

Thanks Frank!

quote:

Originally posted by ikarus1:
According to my Olds trip/mileage computer I am up about 2 MPG on my Silhouette minivan w/113K mi.
I have about 300 miles to go before I change to the rinse oil. I expect mileage to increase further but if not, I am happy! This stuff is great and I am the worlds biggest skeptic of "snake oil" type products like Z-max etc...

I used 6 oz in the tranny, ran for 1000 miles and had it flushed - stopped most of the harsh shifting and whining the 4T65-E is known for.

I have put it in my 94 Mazda B2300 w/145K and I am definitely up in mileage but I am not sure how much yet until I fill her up today.

BTW these cars have had regular maint. and OCI's, new o2 sensors didn't affect mileage, so I cannot attribute these gains to anything but ARX
smile.gif

Thanks Frank!

Checked the mileage in my truck: I am up at least 2.5 MPG if not 3. This is amazing, because I have never seen higher than 23MPG in this truck ever. Now with the AC running the entire time, I got ~25.5 MPG and the most miles ever with a tank of gas.

My wife has noticed the increase in mileage in the van, getting 20MPG in mixed heavy idling, city and hwy with AC use the entire time. The oil I changed tonight was pretty dark for 1600 miles, that is for sure. I will do a before and after UOA. The Olds has never ran better, and I had an annoying spark knock after starting cold in the morning which has disappeared over the ARX treatment. The rear main seal leak has disappeared. The tranny is shifting fine with no whining from the pump. Of course the additional cooler that I installed definitely helped that. All in all, the initial impression I have got is that ARX is the shtuff...
worshippy.gif

[ June 10, 2004, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: ikarus1 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back