X-1R OIL ADDITIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to be interested in new oil supplements and engine treatments when they would come out, and I used a few. But today I have little confidence in most of them.

Valvoline has an engine protector oil supplement that may bring their conventional oils up to a better level, but if they put the additives in their regular oils you probably would not need the additive. I will say this for the Valvoline additive-its VOA looked a whole lot better than some of these other oil supplements that people have tested.

I do believe in some engine cleaners, such as Auto-RX. Auto-RX seemed to work for me.

A person is probably far better off using the best conventional or synthetic oil they can find, with maybe Auto-RX added to keep the engine clean.

quote:

Originally posted by Mystic:
I used to be interested in new oil supplements and engine treatments when they would come out, and I used a few. But today I have little confidence in most of them.

I concur completely except for a few. However, having been burned and stayed away for years I have slowly rotated to trying something if this board has had positive results with it. For example, I am using the #132 and LC mixture in a few engines, one analysis is currently in the mail which will determine future use but I must admit, it seems to have stopped a piston slap I have had for years on one. real problem in trying an additive is to determine that the worst that can happen is no damage. Weeding out the ones that can cause damamge is the key.

It uses a neutralized chlorinated parrafin.:
http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=21;t=000027
Man this site is great.

Seems legit and may offer benefit, but no one here has tested. Why not do some UOAs?

I wish companies would have people like Molakule working marketing for them, instead of advertising dumbed down gibberish. I would actually consider using this stuff thanks to him(though I won't be anytime soon). And I never would have used AutoRX if it weren't for him, other chemists here, and Terry.

[ July 29, 2003, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Jason Troxell ]

"Valvoline has an engine protector oil supplement that may bring their conventional oils up to a better level, but if they put the additives in their regular oils you probably would not need the additive. I will say this for the Valvoline additive-its VOA looked a whole lot better than some of these other oil supplements that people have tested."

If the Valvoline 'Engine Protector' was the same price as Schaeffer's #132, it would be one heck of a deal; and that's the problem, it is not a good deal, economically speaking.

quote:

Originally posted by Jason Troxell:
It uses a neutralized chlorinated parrafin.:
http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=21;t=000027
Man this site is great.

Seems legit and may offer benefit, but no one here has tested. Why not do some UOAs?

I wish companies would have people like Molakule working marketing for them, instead of advertising dumbed down gibberish. I would actually consider using this stuff thanks to him(though I won't be anytime soon). And I never would have used AutoRX if it weren't for him, other chemists here, and Terry.

I'm sure they have people with the knowledge that Mola has......the bad thing is they get paid to churn out crap instead of spending a few extra bucks for the real helpful additives. I would think someone like Mola would get fired within weeks for refusing to endorse, you guessed it, "crap"
Rick

I checked on the internet about this X-1R oil additive. Apparently NASA did approve an additive for their transporter vehicles. However, according to information on the internet, the additive used in X-1R is not the same as the chemical additive used in the NASA transporter vehicles.

If that is true, then personally I would not use this X-1R additive.

And Mobil-1 implies its OTC oils are used in top levels of racing. Yet that is not true. Will you not use M1 because of this?

Jason Troxell, you know that Mobil 1 is not used in auto racing? If it is not, then there are quite a few racing teams that are engaging in flat out lies to the public. There are quite a few racing teams that claim to use Mobil 1 oil.

If they are not using Mobil 1, then what are they using? Redline? Amsoil? Schaeffer's? Some sort of special formula developed foe each race and each race track?

Dr. Leonard Marra was the original inventor of X-1R and how NASA gave endorsement was because of friendship between Dr. Marra and than head of security for base vehicles including the crawler.
He got Leonard a test to use X-1R in gear boxes
to reduce friction. X-1R was a standard long chain chlorinated parrafin technology with instructions to change oil and X-1R every 3000
miles, (before chain started to dedigrate) thereby not having corrosion issues such as Duralube and others had, who never told you to change out oil and there additive in 3000 miles. Newest wrinkle in long chain chlorinated parrafin technology is chain will stay stable longer ("neutralized" is new term). A person who posts on this board is the best long chain chlorinated additive chemist Marra or myself know. He found a way to keep chain from dedigration and the company we all worked for and Dr. Marra consulted for, sent a gallon to an oil company. Can you guess the name of there oil and grease that uses this technology? I am not posting anymore on this subject - just a FYI.

Frank, that is some of the most interesting information that I have ever seen on this web site. Wish I knew what oil company uses that technology-Schaeffer's? If they have solved the problems with that technology, then it would result in very reduced wear in an engine.

VERY INTERESTING!

I got on a site awhile back that endorsed and sold this product. The subject was wear on internal parts of a Yamaha V-Max motorcycle. The fella on the site said that he had used every synthetic around and still got the same results - Scuffing and such. He combined Kendall 20w-50 Motorcycle oil and X-R1 and claimed all wear basically disappeared. The guy swore by it.

Its been nearly 2 years, I think you can release that info now Frank
wink.gif

At least IM it to me
cheers.gif

I bought the X-1R, in an aerosol spray box, just to try it. This is 6-7 weeks ago.
It is really good.

I do think Mola is on to something, when comparing X-1R to Militec1(which I also have been using a lot, with good results).

Close to where I live, there is a garage that swears to this X-1R stuff, and have been using it extensively for more than 5 years, in all kind of applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back