Subaru 0w-20, 7297miles, Toytota GT86/Scion FR-S

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this isn't the prefered method, but it's all I have time to do now. How about some image hosting? I'd bet it would grow the database. Here's the 1st UOA on the new FA20 engine:
86UOA1001.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't have run a FF to 7k on a nice new car like the FR-S, but hey, that's just me....

'Toyobaru'...I love it!

:p

Thyanks for posting this FF.
This oil may be actually lighter than a 20wt as the Japanese OEMs are do FF with lighter oils such as 0W-10 that are available in Japan.

I presume the Toyota 0W-20 is the recommended service fill for the Scion FR-S? For the Subaru BRZ, I'd use the Toyota 0W-20 over the Idemitsu made Subaru SN 0W-20. If you want to continue to use the high moly oil like the FF, the Idemitsu SM 0W-20 supplied to Mazda and Mitsubishi still can a high moly level unlike the Subaru oil.

BTW, nice ride.

What a confusing setup. Really odd Toyota would use a Subaru engine with Subaru oil in a Scion. Wonder what the warranty is. Go to Subaru if its the engine, Toyota for the rest? Does it use Toyota care?

Anyways, what this shows is the first drain should be a short one. Maybe even the second one.

Is 7k the factory recommended oil change interval? Was the maintenance light on?

I too would have drained it earlier but in reality, it really can't hurt anything even if it's left in this long.

Nice ride

Thanks for sharing. Would love to see a user review in the "vehicles" forum if you have the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back