Hit by a cop car

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I saw a wreck today that involved a cop car and it got me thinking about what would happen if you get hit by one. Could you actually win that case or will the police blame it on you no matter what?

I was the passenger in a car that almost got hit by a cop when he was looking down at his computer and blew a stop sign, I was sad when he didn't hit us, all I was thinking about was my Gucci suit and paying in cash for my tuition/board
laugh.gif

I have seen it go both ways. If someone ever has this sort of problem and the police are trying to play the good old boy game. Get your local press involved attention in a case like this is your best friend.

lol. Did he hit someone else instead of you? You made it sound like he hit someone but not you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would the officer ever lose his job? Or could you demand that he gets fired if what he did was incredibly stupid?

I know someone that got hit by a cop. 100% the cops fault. The city fought them tooth and nail but did lose in court. As I understand it if the cop has lights and sirens on and he hits you you automatically lose.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I know someone that got hit by a cop. 100% the cops fault. The city fought them tooth and nail but did lose in court. As I understand it if the cop has lights and sirens on and he hits you you automatically lose.

+1

Saw that happen too...

This also reminds me of a time years ago that a cop with no lights or siren on was going probably 60mph down a 35mph road right outside my neighborhood. Is their anything you can do if you see that happen? I guess you could get his plates if you could keep track of where he is without actually speeding and chasing him.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Would the officer ever lose his job? Or could you demand that he gets fired if what he did was incredibly stupid?

This depends on the level of negligence of the officer in question. If the situation warrants a investigation and the officer for some reason caused the accident due to his/her complete negligence it is not unheard of for a officer to have his/her certification revoked or if there was criminal statue broken charges filed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
This also reminds me of a time years ago that a cop with no lights or siren on was going probably 60mph down a 35mph road right outside my neighborhood. Is their anything you can do if you see that happen?

Sometimes, they have to attend a scene quickly, without drawing a lot of attention to themselves. If someone's breaking in somewhere and sets of a silent alarm, it would be kind of hard for the cops to catch him in the act if they zoom in there with lights flashing and sirens blaring.

Originally Posted By: Brenden
No, he locked up his breaks and missed us by a little bit.

They disabled the factory ABS?

I was the passenger in a car that almost got hit by a cop when he was looking down at his computer and blew a stop sign, I was sad when he didn't hit us, all I was thinking about was my Gucci suit and paying in cash for my tuition/board
laugh.gif

Or you could think about the suit your mother will dress you in. If they can do an open casket.

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/crime/Dash-cam-tape-released-from-fatal-crash

I got hit by a son of a cop on my mountain bike,After he knocked me of my bike he even almost drove over my head in his car,I noticed the police badge sticker on his back plate when he stopped and had a feeling he was gonna get away with what he did,,Sure enough he got away with it ,Cops are corrupt everywhere they stick together--and no i never been arrested or done illegal drugs or drank alcohol in my whole life to be judged in his favor either

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
No, he locked up his breaks and missed us by a little bit.

They disabled the factory ABS?

Not sure, but there were tire marks when he slammed them in a 45mph zone.

My uncle's old girlfriend was hit by a cop, not bad barely dented a plastic bumper cover. The state fought her in court but the vehicles dash camera helped her.

He rear ended her completely stopped at a red light with her brake lights on.

Where I live there was a cop that blew a red light and killed 16 year old girl, he got early retirement and full pension and benefits but was never prosecuted like you or I would be... kinda sad, the victims mother is still in disbelief to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back