Auto-Rx pricing question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to buy 4 bottles of ARX for household vehicle applications. What I can't figure out is:
Why is it cheaper, on a per bottle bases, to buy 3 instead of 4. Is it true that the fourth bottle reverts back to the full retail? I know that the three bottle offer was to accomodate those who own diesel powered trucks, with large oil reserves, but what about the poor guy that has two beaters in his driveway?

quote:

Originally posted by Rick20:
I need to buy 4 bottles of ARX for household vehicle applications. What I can't figure out is:
Why is it cheaper, on a per bottle bases, to buy 3 instead of 4.

Why not just email the manufacturer? I don't think anyone on here has a clue about the pricing strategies of AutoRx.

I only needed 4 bottles too, but it was cheaper just to buy 6 bottles at the special price. I might just use the extra bottles on my dads car or just use them for the maintenance dosages. Good thing I bought them before the price increase.

Rick20,

I cannot discuss the pricing as I am only a customer of Auto-Rx like you. But you are correct it takes 3 bottle for an inital clean on a Ford Power Stroke Diesel. 15 Quart Sump.
Personally, you can buy the 6 bottles and use one in each beater as you say, then the PS,Trans,and save it for later. The shelf life is indefinite, just keep the cap on. Also 3 oz maint dose with each oil change and in a couple years you will be wondering why you didn't get more the first time. Don't forget the lawn mower, garden tiller, and home generator, snow blower, (not in your case), Christmas presents, and the list goes on. I don't wait for sludge to clean my engines, I Auto-Rx my diesels every 25K. I am on the second one right now on my 95.
IMHO

cheers.gif

just like ur going to a costco...u buy in bulk..u get it cheaper...hehe why complain.

email and you will get a straight answer.

Why don't you Email Frank and ask him. You never know what his answer will be unless you ask. It doesn't cost anything to ask.

frank is a nice guy. to have the time to come to this site and talk to people and help, also to answer emails. only superman can do that =)

Thanks for all the input guys. I did contact the manufacturer. And guess what, we all got what I asked for. Better quantity pricing.

Rick,
I was just on the Auto-Rx site and they have a New Price list for Auto-Rx in 1 to 4+ bottles. Thanks for your efforts in this happening. Also it has a Discussion Forum on the Auto-Rx site now. A way to get quick answers.
cheers.gif

[ September 24, 2003, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back