2012 Ford F350 With the 6.2 and 5 speed manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys this is more of a question about the transmission which is a Tremec TR-4050.

I'm considering purchasing a brand new 2012 F-350 with a 6.2 V8 and fully intergated stock natural gas system along with the regular gasoline. I was wondering if this was a decent transmission to be able to take on the job and heat here in Venezuela. I've heard that this transmission was on Dodge and Chevy trucks. What is your guy's opinion on this? (I'll probably get it in manual shift 4X4 aswell.) Thanks!

And If you have any opinions on the truck I'd like to hear them aswell. Thanks.

Last edited:
The F-Series in the US doesn't offer a manual anymore (F150-F550). Only the 6R140 transmission is offered. Your lucky to be able to get a manual down there!

Last edited:
In my opinion the Ford F-150 is the BEST pickup truck made....and that includes Toyota and Nissan...

Originally Posted By: volk06
The F-Series in the US doesn't offer a manual anymore (F150-F550). Only the 6R140 transmission is offered. Your lucky to be able to get a manual down there!

+1. Unfortunately most are just too stupid to be able to shift for themselves, I'm afraid.

ST4Ut.jpg

Nice! I had a 04 F250 with a 6spd ZF manual transmission though.

Originally Posted By: N7Quarian
Hey guys this is more of a question about the transmission which is a Tremec TR-4050.

I'm considering purchasing a brand new 2012 F-350 with a 6.2 V8 and fully intergated stock natural gas system along with the regular gasoline.
I may be missing something here - why would you want a natural gas system when ordinary gasoline in Venezuela is the cheapest in the world - as in $.09/gallon cheap?

Because even though its cheap and even though we have alot the goverment wants us to try to limit the use of it alittle bit. I don't care because natural gas is even cheaper and Diesel is about the same price as that. (I don't and can't buy a diesel.)

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: volk06

+1. Unfortunately most are just too stupid to be able to shift for themselves, I'm afraid.

Rather odd comment. Rather than getting into that I'll just say that many these days have never even seen a stick shift, and would do just fine with a few minutes of instruction and some practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back