Toyota type-IV fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Built_Well
I would think I'm protecting the engine since it's revving slower while the oil is still cold.
Built_ Well, if it's any consolation to you, the Mercury Marauder does the exact same thing and one of mine has over 120,000 miles. I know of quite a few more that have as much as 200,000 miles and are still running strong. I wouldn't let the high revs worry you...

Originally Posted By: kazual
Amalie Universal is supposed to match up to the WS fluid for Toyota. Check the specs.

....the thing that scares me is that it's supposed to 'match up' with 'virtually' every fluid ever made. Some people who are far more knowledeable than I say that's not possible.

Originally Posted By: pbm
Amalie Universal is supposed to match up to the WS fluid for Toyota. Check the specs.

....the thing that scares me is that it's supposed to 'match up' with 'virtually' every fluid ever made. Some people who are far more knowledeable than I say that's not possible.

Yeah, that bothers me as well. The Amalie website tells us this is a suitable replacement for both the Toyota WS and the Type T-IV, as well as CVT trannies. I didn't think any fluid was capable of that.

http://www.amalie.com/specsheets/4b_trans_cvt.pdf

All I can tell you fellers is it works real well in mine.I hear what your saying re;this fits-em-all fluid,but I had nothing to loose and everything to gain with my trans.I tried Amsoil in it(and I like their motor oil)forget it! the shifts were like an old power glide from 1st to 2nd gear.This Wolfs Head (Amalie) fluid makes the shifts just right.Not too firm,not too soft,and quite frankly I think any fluid is better than the Toyota stuff.

Last edited:
It ( Amalie Universal ) is still a nice red with a Magnefine Filter after 5,000 plus miles. Going to do another pan drain before it gets too hot soon. Then 1 more before the winter.

It ( Amalie Universal ) is still a nice red with a Magnefine Filter after 5,000 plus miles. Going to do another pan drain before it gets too hot soon. Then 1 more before the winter.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
Originally Posted By: m4gician
the dealer who charges outrageous prices for them ($8 a litre/bottle! with no discount).
You think that's bad? Ford gets $9.50/qt for their version of 3309! That's why I buy it from Toyota...

For once, our American prices are more outrageous than yours!
08.gif

On a side note, maybe this is another reason American car companies are in such trouble...because they GOUGE people so badly on parts.

9 dollars a bottle?

That's dirt cheap!

At my dealer (Volvo) we charge 20 dollars a liter.

Sorry for the thread mine but I don't see any point making a new one. I want to flush my Toyota trans, it's very dirty looking and according to the history, it's never been done before. ATF that meets T-IV spec is not that easy to find unless it is full synthetic wizz bang stuff. However I have found Penrite ATF MHP meets the spec and is a reasonable price at under $10/litre. They say it is semi synthetic.

http://www.penriteoil.com.au/pis_pdfs/AT...0Feb%202012.pdf

I don't know much about ATF, do the specs look OK?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back