Auto-rx vs Lubegard in Automatic Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help,,,,
The way I understand from comments on the Auto-rs
is cleaning agent in the automatic transmission
for better service.

The Lubegard is lubricating the automatic transmission parts and many members on the board
seems had a good results on both products.

Question,

Do I have to use both Auto-rx and Lubegard same time or sepratly add into transmission ?
If I do, when? Changing ATF fluid time? or at any time?

I sure would like to hear from any of the member
who had experience on Automatic transmission additives.

Thanks
patriot.gif

jsleesi

What kind of problem are you trying to fix?

STAB IN THE DARK => I would start with just fresh fluid of the correct variety. If that doesn't help, try the LubeGard. If that doesn't help try the Auto-Rx. If that doesn't help, fix the root cause of the problem....not trying to be a smartass. Just basically saying that sometimes additives aren't the answer.

If you're planning on flushing your ATF, add Auto-Rx 1000-1500 miles in advance. This can be either for a routine flush, or because the transmission is operating poorly due to a build up of dirt or gum or from depeleted ATF.

If your transmission is shifting abruptly for no dirt or mechanical failure reason, or if you want it to run slightly cooler, add Lubegard.

Ken

The lubeguard would go in with the new ATF after the RX cleaning if you are going to use it. I have it in three trannies, noticed a slight (may be perception) diff in one. If tranny operating fine after RX save your money on the lubeguard.

I'm not familar with Lubeguard. With Auto-Rx, I'd follow Frank's recommendations.

Last year, my mother's trans(94 Mercury Grand Marquis) was hunting for gears, sometimes shifting when it shouldn't, or not shifting when it should. After corresponding with Bob in late May '02, I added ~7 oz of Schaeffer Neutra #131 to the trans, & then drove the car a little over 100 miles. By about 85 miles or so, it had stopped downshifting when climbing *very* mild hills, & shifted when & how it should. When Mom drove it the next day, even she remarked on how much better it seemed! Now in March '03 it still works great with nothing else done to it.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Stuart Hughes:
in late May '02, I added ~7 oz of Schaeffer Neutra #131 to the trans, & then drove the car a little over 100 miles. .... Now in March '03 it still works great with nothing else done to it.
grin.gif

Did you just leave the #131 in the transm. or did you elect to drain it out after so many miles?

Auto-Rx is NOT an "Additive" it is a cleanser
some advise on transmissions is well meaning
on the above posts. Cleansing your transmission with Auto-Rx is guaranteed to stop slipping and assorted other pesky transmission problems or there is N/C. Other products are basic "Friction Reducers" for interaction with your torque converter and linkage. After using Auto-Rx as
stated on www.auto-rx.net, it's my opinion you
will not need anything else after refilling your transmission with ATF of your choice.

How many qts? I dunno, it's the Ford/Mercury AOD behind their 4.6 L V-8. Stock, no towing pkg, etc, in 94 Grand Marquis.

When I did this, I didn't know that A-Rx could
also be used in automatic transmissions.I had just found the board a few weeks before that. Bought BobZoil from Tim, later bought Auto-Rx from Frank.

I've recently been told that it's very important to have the fluid changed on these trannies every 24000 miles or so, claim it's the one weak point in the driveline. Source: Dealership(
shocked.gif
) where a friend recently bought a nice '02 model.
True? Just don't know.
dunno.gif

Even though it's working well, I may very well give it a full-scale Auto-Rx'ing this spring/summer. My mom loves that car, I'd like to keep it in tip-top shape for her. It really seems to do well with BobZoil 10w30 too!

The Neutra probably dissolved some gum or dirt that was gumming up the works. I'd do a flush to get that dirt out of the transmission. If you have Schaeffer products available, try the #204S syn-blend ATF if it's suitable for that transmission.

Ken

We've heard good reports here of Schaeffer's #131 Neutra cleaning an automatic transmission. Contact Bob for dosage.

There are lots of 15 minute flush products, including one from Lubegard. You jack up the drive wheels, add the flush, idle for 15 minutes while cycling through the gears, then do a complete ATF flush. The concern with these fast flushes is that they may loosen big chunks of gunk that then plug something expensive. Also, Auto-Rx claims to recondition (not soften) the elastomer parts inside the transmission, as well as gently dissolving the varnish and sludge.

After flushing, I also like to add an in-line ATF filter--or do it before the Auto-Rx or Neutra and put on a new one afterward.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back