honda generetor help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some generators have brushes and some do not. Measure the output with an AC voltmeter, maybe its a low voltage rather than no voltage. Is it running what sounds like 3600 RPM? Most run at that speed. Does it have a switch to allow it to idle at no load?
As other have said a reset circuit breaker?

If it's the brush type (I bet it is), then the rotor coil may need to be re-energised after prolonged storage.

Perform all the usual continuity checks (to ensure all the coils, breakers, etc. are measured fine and no opens/shorts) and then re-energise the coil with a 6V lantern battery.

Doesn't take much: just touch it for a few secs and then start spinning and see if you get 120AC output.

Q.

it does have a switch to allow it to idle at no load. i have not had a chance to check anything yet.i will check everything tomorrow and post what i find here.thanks for the help.

Last edited:
You gen has lost it's residual magnetisum. You can't see that. Your manual should tell you how to fix this problem.

i tried reenergizing it but that did not work. if i check at the brushes with it running what should i be checking for and what would the specs be,if that is a test at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back