Difference between Neutra 292 and 131?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can one of the Shaeffer folks explain the difference between Neutra 131 and 292. I read on another post that the 292 is to clean carbon deposits fromt he valves and rings. I thought 131 did this also.

I asked Tim Mills that question when I ordered a 1 gallon bottle yesterday and he said they are the same. That jives with the data sheets on the Schaefferoil.com site.

Thanks. Bob sent me an email telling me the same thing....One gallon! I think that would last me 5 years or more...

It depends on how the 131 is used,,man I have given a bunch away for friends to try but if you don't give it away like I have it will last along while. Motors vary but in one car we have I have found through plug reading and stepping to a hotter heat range plug for winter,gas milaege checking that 2 oz per 10 gallons does the trick.I have nothing to prove this but I believe if it is ran at moderate doses throughout the entire oil interval the analysis will look better and Fe will be down compared to not using the 131.JMO
smile.gif

Yep the gallons are a bit less expensive but I really like the 16 ounce bottles,,they are pretty handy.
I am not suggesting doing this but my + 100k mile work car with a 302 gets a 12 oz bottle put in the crank case every oil change,,have been doing this since summer and I have watched blowby decrease and the motor is actually quieter and runs better with it in the oil.
yep I have read the flash point of the 131 but do not think this applies when mixed with oil for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back