tecumseh 6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
just picked up a used lawnboy push mower with a 6.5 tecumseh. gonna do a basic tune up, new oil, plug, etc. it calls for SAE 30, but i was thinking of going with a 10W30 synthetic or some old CI-4 Rotella 5W40 i have left over. would either of these oils hurt it? and would the 40 wt cause more strain on the engine?

The Briggs or Snow King single grade 30 usually have the high zddp required for non-pressure lubed engines. Most spark plugs should easily last the life of the engine if they dont get too zinc fouled. BTW, Dont use easy start extended tip plugs or gimmick plugs, just your basic champions.

Last edited:
I'm sorry... but if it is a *4 cycle* Lawn Boy... it ain't a real Lawn Boy.

What you bought is something that happens to be green, that was made by Toro.

yeah i know what a real lawn boy is, i have a 2 stroke one. i also got some 10W40 honda motorcycle oil, would that also do good in this engine? SJ label

My best mower was the 2 stroke Lawn Boy I bought for $30.00 at a garage sale 25 years ago. Had more power then the Sears 6.75 HP that I bought to replace it.

Originally Posted By: mobilaltima
yeah i know what a real lawn boy is, i have a 2 stroke one. i also got some 10W40 honda motorcycle oil, would that also do good in this engine? SJ label
You bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back