Need an oversized filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau

Hey Guys

Wondering if any of you with VQ30DE motor (2001 Maxima and below) have used any over size filters. Reason why I am interested in over size filter is due to the small oil sump. It takes 4QT's (4.25 L) and I'd like to be able to use a full 4.73L jug of PP on an oci.

For those that say keep it and use it for top up, this car does not burn a drop of oil. It's been 4000KM since my last oil change and no change in level, it has gotten quite dark though.

I could buy single qt's but then I wouldn't have something to pour my old oil in plus the 4.73L jug goes on sale more then then the single qt's.

Thanks!

Go to Baldwin filters and take a look at the B1431, B161-S, B199, B247 and B168.
I don't know how long of a filter you can use but some of these are over 5" long.
http://www.baldwinfilter.com/home.html
If you can run a really big filter see if the B7042 or B202 can fit, both of these take well over one qt. just to fill the filter.

ROD

Last edited:
Baldwin's aren't readily available here. What cars do the above filters go on then I can do a look up on Wix's website to find the Wix equivalent part number.

Originally Posted By: civic09
You could try a ST 7317 as its a lil' longer.

adam

That is a small filter - no way will he gain anywhere near the .5 Liter he wants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back