car quest Atf

Status
Not open for further replies.
just curious if ashland makes the car quest atf, as it does the napa house brand atf? i looked on the back of a car quest bottle and it doesnt say ashland it says distributed by car quest corporation Raleigh,Nc 27604.

I think it probably depends on the arrangements CarQuest has for your area. Here in Eastern Canada I believe that CarQuest fluids are blended by Irving Oil.

I know for fact that the trans and gear oils are made by Warren Lube. I have seen MSDS sheets. The engine oil is the only oil made by Ashland. With that being said, the high mileage ATF is really stout stuff and a great deal when they sell it at the 2.99 price!
cheers

i was wondering who bottled the transmission fluid for car quest, i just figured it was ashland since ashland does there engine oil, but i went to napa and bought a bottle of the dex/mec atf and i had a un opened car quest dex/merc atf bottle.
I opened the napa dex/merc bottle and the car quest dex/merc and the napa dex/merc believe it or not had a stronger odor to it then the car quest and it was also a little bit clearer then the car quest dex/merc.... On the back of the napa transmission fluid bottles it says made by ashland. and they do smell different and look different from eachother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back