what type of anti freeze liquid cooled kawasaki ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 1998 John Deere LX 188 with a 17 hp liquid cooled Kawasaki engine. What type of anti freeze do you guys recommend? Also any coolant additive that I might need to add? I will be draining some old coolant out and replenishing with new ,so it will not be a complete flush. Any thoughts on that as opposed to a complete flush? Thanks,G

Look it up in the owners manual. If you don't have one then type the model number of the engine into the internet and see if you can find a service manual for it. I think back in 1998 all they probably had was regular green ethylene glycol antifreeze. But don't hold me to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
It only specifies a ethylene glycol mixture at 50/50. I use Volkswagen's G12 in my Kawasaki. At 15 years the radiator is corrosion free, water pump and hoses are original, and the system has been troube-free.

VW G12 is all I use in everything. I flush everything I buy and put G12 in it. 300,000 miles in my daily driver on G12 and no deposits or cooling system damage. only makeup coolant added is the quart or so lost during waterpump changes every 100,000 miles. Dealer sells it to me cheap by the gallon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back