1025R oil change

Changed the oil in my 2022 John Deere 1025R yesterday. This has a 1.3L 3-cylinder Yanmar 3TNV80 diesel. It is liquid cooled. Oil in it was the factory fill... not sure what they use. Oil and filter had about 20 hours or 1 year on it. First service is 50 hours, but I didn't think early would be bad. Oil looked dark as I'd expect from a diesel.

Filter was a complete black can with no exterior markings. Baseplate looked similar to a below Wix with a nitrile ADBV. I will cut it open and post pics later this week. I suspect this is a filter installed by Yanmar before the engine is shipped in a plastic crate from Japan to the US for installation on the JD 1-series line.

1686578625242.jpg

In went about 3qts of Rotella T4 15W-40 and a WIX 51356 filter. Deere did a nice job with these, easy to get to 17mm drain plug on the bottom of the oil pan, filter is easy to get to and drains directly underneath pretty well. Also greased 7 different zerks, driveshaft u-joints, mid-mount PTO, etc. Deere even put a nice hole in the frame so you can get to the front u-joint zerk. I was impressed by that.

Should be good to go for this year's work. Very nice little Diesel's these are. To me, it was for sure a selling point.

1686579012924.jpg

Who knows what the factory fill is. The engines are likely shipped dry to the USA.
In Canada JD branded engine oils are Mobil.
Twenty hours is perfect. Get the glitter out.
Last year JD Canada sold out of 1023, 1025 compacts and 300, 500 and 700 series lawn tractors.
Box stores had the 100s and 200s in stock.

Who knows what the factory fill is. The engines are likely shipped dry to the USA.
In Canada JD branded engine oils are Mobil.
Twenty hours is perfect. Get the glitter out.
Last year JD Canada sold out of 1023, 1025 compacts and 300, 500 and 700 series lawn tractors.
Box stores had the 100s and 200s in stock.
Wow that is impressive that they sold out. I guess they're super popular (not surpised) for resi-home use. The bucket is super handy, I'm moving everything with it.

And that was my thought, change it around that time for the break in.

I've been impressed with the serviceability of the subcompacts from Deere, as well as my B series Kubota. Very easy to access everything.

The little Deer/ Yanmar is a great machine. Looking at one now for my tiny property.

Being a huge Kubota fan Im struggling with the Deere actually being a better machine, but Im pretty sure it gets the nod in subcompacts.

Being a huge Kubota fan Im struggling with the Deere actually being a better machine, but Im pretty sure it gets the nod in subcompacts.
I don't think you can go wrong with either to be honest. Deere offers some pretty great financing which is one reason why I went with them (0% interest).

Also, when I was comparing the 1-Series to a comparable BX, I liked the Deere's arrangement of the forward/reverse HST pedals being side by side. I liked that more than the Kubota's forward pedal being up front and the reverse being near the rear of the station/landing.

I think the Yanmar might be ever so slightly quieter/smoother, but a Kubota diesel is a fantastic powertrain (and tractor all over) as well.

I will say this much, the comparable Kioti tractor... I'm sure they're not a bad unit, but NO room in the seat compared to the 1025R. 1025 feels like a Barcalounger, the Kioti seemed like a power wheels.

Or... maybe that's my sign to push away from the dinner table.

I own a Kubota B2620 and have experience with operating both the Deere subcompacts and the Kubota BX series. Both are very good machines, I think it really comes down to personal preference.

I don't think you can go wrong with either to be honest. Deere offers some pretty great financing which is one reason why I went with them (0% interest).

Also, when I was comparing the 1-Series to a comparable BX, I liked the Deere's arrangement of the forward/reverse HST pedals being side by side. I liked that more than the Kubota's forward pedal being up front and the reverse being near the rear of the station/landing.

I think the Yanmar might be ever so slightly quieter/smoother, but a Kubota diesel is a fantastic powertrain (and tractor all over) as well.

Both great machines. My Kubota products (diesel gensets) have been utterly phenomenal .

I can get used to any helm differences quick.

For the littlest of each - the Deer has the nod in critical areas for me.

Tighter turn
Deer has stronger hydros - The kubota often cant put its own accessories above its head for storage
Superior mower on off ( A big deal for me)
more accessories many more used...
Deer also has vertical lift option (big in rentals)
more dealers in my area, although the local kubota guys are great.

Both great machines. My Kubota products (diesel gensets) have been utterly phenomenal .

I can get used to any helm differences quick.

For the littlest of each - the Deer has the nod in critical areas for me.

Tighter turn
Deer has stronger hydros - The kubota often cant put its own accessories above its head for storage
Superior mower on off ( A big deal for me)
more accessories many more used...
Deer also has vertical lift option (big in rentals)
more dealers in my area, although the local kubota guys are great.
One thing I have found with the auto connect deck on mine… you have to have the front draft arm/bar for the deck adjusted low enough. Otherwise, when you try to back off the deck, it’ll hit the grill guard and just bend a deck bracket. Then you got to have someone hold down the front arm while you back off it. Not a huge deal. Easy to adjust. The auto connect decks are nice but IMO they are not as carefree as advertised. Still very easy, but you really gotta pay attention every time.

Back