UPS delivered my tires from Discount Tire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Falken Ziex S/TZ-04 275/55/20 for my 06 Tahoe. Discount Tire matched a price I found at rimsforless.com even though he said they are selling these below cost. He beat the 110.00 per tire gave me four cerificates for price of three and free shipping.$540 shipped. That is 220 off their normal price.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are replacing the Hankook RH06. I really liked the Hankooks, but could not find a deal. I have Falkens on another vehicle and really like them. The Falken's are made in Japan, which surprised me because my other Falken Sincera's are made in Thailand.

I've had good experiences with Falken's as well. I've put the Ziex 512's on two different cars; loved those tires. My brother-in-law just put the Ziex 912's on his Ford 500 and noticed an immediate positive difference in handling afterward. I think he had some sort of BFG's on there before.

DTD will really go out of their way to beat prices, even if they may take a loss.

Fairly sure you are referring to Discount Tire Direct, DT's online sister company.

If you don't have a DT in your area from what I've read on Bitog, they are the next best thing. Prices and service tough to beat. DT's service after sale, best I've experienced anywhere.

Fwiw, just today used a DTD price for a price match on set of 4 Yoko's at Discount Tire. Got extra $50 off with black friday promo, and another $30 rebate for using their Care One Credit card. Sweet.

Congrats on your purchase and excellent deal.
thumbsup2.gif

Yes, Discount Tire Direct. They will price match anyone. Great service in store and online.

Last edited:
Good deal! I
I got a set of Goodyear Eagle GTs on my LS for $532, and Yokohama YK580s on the MKX for $625. Those are out-the-door prices, even including the RIDICULOUS 9.75% sales tax we have to put up with in my county!

We also use DTD, 16 tires this year alone.

They sold us three sets of Michelin LTX MS2's for less than my local tire guy can buy them for!

Great company to deal with.

Originally Posted By: musicmanbass
Good deal! I
I got a set of Goodyear Eagle GTs on my LS for $532, and Yokohama YK580s on the MKX for $625. Those are out-the-door prices, even including the RIDICULOUS 9.75% sales tax we have to put up with in my county!

Just a suggestion here. Next time, get the DTD price online, which here includes no tax, add in an amount for install/LT balance/valves etc., for total price, then take it to DT for a price match. I've done that before, using the Walmart install tire fees menu as a reference. If however, Tenn charge tax on DTD that won't work.

You're right though, 9.75% sale tax is absurd, 7% here is bad enough.

Good advice. Unfortunately I haven't had much time lately and didn't bother price shopping them very much. What I DID do, however, was negotiate. I got almost $130 off the asking price for the GTs, and a little more off the YK580s.

Ok, so now that I have some time on my hands I checked DTD.coms prices... I still came out ahead, and by a fair margin, just by negotiating. I love being a salesman!! :)

Originally Posted By: musicmanbass
... What I DID do, however, was negotiate. I got almost $130 off the asking price for the GTs, and a little more off the YK580s.
Yep, as I posted above, I negotiated at the DT store yesterday on a set of Yoko Avid Touring S (have to be shipped to store). I've had great success negotiating with them in the past. I try to have my facts/prices before I hit the store, I've never been disappointed with the deal.

The prices on the DT website are like the sticker on a new car, just a starting/reference point. Always been significantly lower after negotiating, and I've found it kinda fun and a challenge to get the lowest price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back