Oil Jug VS. Quart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: explorer99sport
Hi, I am new here...I had a question, I heard that oil from the jug is not as good quality as it is from a quart. How true is this? Because honestly it does not make sense to me.

-Jon
The oil is EXACTLY the same whether it comes in a quart or 55 gallon drum.

I like jug better, since I can dumb my old oil and just throw in the trash JK !! take to advance auto part for dump the oil, its pain to fill old oil into quart bottle.

i like the jug cause its cheaper AND i have a quart and a half left for the next oil change i do or when im done with the jug it makes it a good place for the used oil to go.

then again i get sad when i start having random jugs with one quart left in them.

I like quart better. Easy to handle and easy to fill no mess.

if you want recycle oil then jug is better, since u can just dump old oil in it and take to walmart.

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
I like quart better. Easy to handle and easy to fill no mess.

if you want recycle oil then jug is better, since u can just dump old oil in it and take to walmart.

Almost no one brings oil to Walmart that I have seen. They have a paper log of who brings in oil, and if there is one entry a day you would be lucky. I hope they are bringing it somewhere!

I like the quarts much better. Most important....They are much easier to shake to insure that the add pack is fully mixed.

Since I use an oversized oil filter, 6 quarts gets me to the fill line rather than a gallon or 5 quart container.

If you want to add a couple of quarts of synthetic to your conventional OCI fill....quarts makes the job easier.

I can always find a large empty container to pour the used oil into for recycling.

Last edited:
I like jug for some reasons:
Cheaper than quart bottle, easier to transfer used oil from the Mityvac 7210 into it to take it to recycle center, most jugs have foil seal so can be stored for several years before use, easier/faster to pour 5-qt jug into the fill hole via homemade funnel, thicker container so less oil seepage through, take less storage space ...

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
That's like saying Pepsi in a 12oz can is different than what is poured in the 2L bottles.
Beer tastes better out of a bottle then a can!!

Originally Posted By: steveh
Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
That's like saying Pepsi in a 12oz can is different than what is poured in the 2L bottles.
Beer tastes better out of a bottle then a can!!

I think the canned tastes better than the bottled! Guinness!

I avoid beer in aluminum. The container makes it seem really unappetizing.

Only sometimes do I make exceptions (usually when it's all there is).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back