Amsoil Euro 5w30 -- 4,904 miles -- 07 Civic Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modified Honda Civic Si. Driven VERY hard daily. Revving to 8,700rpm (700rpm higher then the factory rev limit) (Engine is stock internally)

A quick pic for your viewing pleasure.
grin2.gif

IMAG0178.jpg

Weather conditions have been like this during the entire interval. Florida recorded record highs this past month.

IMAG0286-2.jpg

and finally, the UOA report.

AmsoilEuroFormula4904miles-Si-1.jpg

Amsoil Oil filter.
WIX Air filter changed at the beginning of this interval.

Refilled with the same juice and i plan to run it for 6,000 miles.

Thoughts?

Any oil probably would have produced the same results. It's a Civic.

I hope so. I had a case of Euro formula that a buyer backed out on buying and so i had to use it up.

After this next run, i'd be more then happy to try any off the shelf oil. Any particular suggestions?

I'm leaning more towards trying the new Signature Series ASL to compare the results to the old formula.

Originally Posted By: buster
Any oil probably would have produced the same results. It's a Civic.

yeah i agree. save yourself some money and buy some QSUD. for 6k runs, I bet your car won't notice the difference.

I've been doing 3k oil changes followed by UOA (sometime 2x per OCI) for the past 60k miles all while using the highest quality synthetic oils available... saving money isn't exactly on my mind.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Maybe with a regular Civic that isn't modified, any ol' lube will do "just fine"

I choose to experiment with different oils.

Makes me wanna rev up my little Saturn more!
lol.gif

Flashpoint got a little low, but eh, no biggie.

You can get better results, more power and less shear with a good 5w20 or 0w20 IMO.

Originally Posted By: buster
You can get better results, more power and less shear with a good 5w20 or 0w20 IMO.

Where are you getting 5w20? The engine requires 5w30. I'm lost.

I'd rather make more power via adding / modifying parts, not by running thinner oil in hopes of possibly squeezing out an extra few ponies.
33.gif
I just don't get it Buster, sorry.

what are some of your mods? just curious...and also the pic of the car spinnin 8700 rpms makes me cringe! the highest revving engine I have driven was my old mazda mx-6 v6. it redlined at 7000 rpms! nothing compared to yours though!

Test again after 5,000(minimum, I dare you to make it to 6,000
grin.gif
), but get another ISO code/particle count after this run, it being the 2nd on the Euro formula.
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Brons2
well, at least you ran it for 5K.

looks like a low SAPS, VW504/507 oil like what goes in the newer TDI's.

grin2.gif
I've been very hesitant to extend my OCIs due to the modified engine and the way it is abused on a daily bases but the OUA have proved me otherwise.

Originally Posted By: austinlunsford
what are some of your mods? just curious...and also the pic of the car spinnin 8700 rpms makes me cringe! the highest revving engine I have driven was my old mazda mx-6 v6. it redlined at 7000 rpms! nothing compared to yours though!

My engine mods consist of; Intake, Race Header (no CAT), Exhaust, Lightweight pullies, varies intake manifold/throttle body anti-heat gaskets & coolant bypass mods and all this has been dyno tuned to safely be able to rev this high on a daily basis without damaging anything. I've been doing so since i drove the car off the lot.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
Test again after 5,000(minimum, I dare you to make it to 6,000
grin.gif
), but get another ISO code/particle count after this run, it being the 2nd on the Euro formula.
thumbsup2.gif

I will take on that dare.
thumbsup2.gif

Of course i'll still pull a sample @ 3k just for comparison purposes and to see how the lube is doing thus far.

That's exactly what AEL is, a 504.00/507.00/229.51/LL04 high-HTHS Euro 5w30
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: BobFout

That's exactly what AEL is, a 504.00/507.00/229.51/LL04 high-HTHS Euro 5w30
grin2.gif

Bob is right. This is the Euro Formula.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Makes me wanna rev up my little Saturn more!
lol.gif

Flashpoint got a little low, but eh, no biggie.

I say you enjoy your car in any way that you can. The thing will still run forever.

I run all my engines HARD. from my 98 Camry V6 with 208k to my weed eater trimmer.
grin2.gif
I free rev that sucker just for the sound, as i walk from tree to tree. Haha.

regarding the REdline UOAs----25 times the moly, and twice the Zn/Phos, and no better UOA results.
I think I'll stop spiking my Accord with ZDDP-it clearly doesn't need it

I really have no idea why the Redline oil didn't do so well in my application. I bought some more and plan to do more UOAs on it after this fill of AEL to see if the wear metals spike up again after a 5k run, like last nice. We'll see shortly as I rake up the miles rather quickly with this car.

I'm hoping it was a fluke, since I expected all the anti-wear additives were going to protect the engine better then an oil designed for extended use (Amsoil ASL) strange indeed.

Wow, I can't believe you! You really have some nerve posting a uoa on an oil that wasn't purchased from Wal-Mart! Don't you realize that's not allowed here?
31.gif
lol.gif

Nice pics and nice uoa!

19.gif

-Dennis

lol.gif
I'm part of the few who doesn't buy oil that's on sale. (I did stock up on M1EP when AAP had a crazy sale and I stocked up on a few cases @ $3.99 a quart - same with M1 oil filters
thumbsup2.gif
)

I still prefer Amsoil though. It's delivered free right to my door by a local deal and I pay wholesale prices. Can't beat that.

Thanks for posting the uoa. I'm testing it now - city driving, I will post UOA as well for sure.
I wonder how much Zn it really has? 500+ or 700+ ? The rest is very similar in both uoas. When did you add the 0,75qt, was it after the first 3k mi / uoa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back