Picked up HONDA HG 0w-20 synthetic ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
from a parts department for $7.94 . It's SN / GF-5 . Went to few other HONDA parts departments and said it wasn't available and only produce the blend or have to buy the MOBIL 1 0w-30 . Nobody is on the same page about the synthetic . Got a HONDA oil filter and some metal crush washers for the upcomong 2011 FIT oil change . Is this the Conoco / Phillips ? Wonder if it has the titanium .

Last edited:
Thanks . I'm already starting to miss my Moly
frown.gif

Any Moly in the new TOYOTA 0w-20 synthetic ? May have to start a different relationship , since no Moly . Rebounding .

Then in future you'll have go with the Toyota Brand 0W-20 or the Subaru 0W-20. The later is made by Idemitsu like the original Honda oil was and still is for the Canadian Honda and Acura dealers.

$8/qt is not a remarkable price and there are other Xw20s available for that kind of money.

I typically get the Honda 0w20 syn from the dealer for our company's Odysseys for about $5/qt.

0 titanium
~100 ppm moly
~200 ppm boron

The blend had as good or better measurable add pack but about 10% lower TBN.

I bought some -9037 mail order on 3/28 for $5.97 ea. Just checked that same source and they now charge $6.94(+frt of course).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dparm
$8/qt is not a remarkable price and there are other Xw20s available for that kind of money.

I typically get the Honda 0w20 syn from the dealer for our company's Odysseys for about $5/qt.

I'll bet that's the blend and not the "Ultimate Full Synthetic".

Amazon is selling Accel by Warren 6 qt's 0w-20 for $22.74. API SN rated (API symbol and all LOL). This includes free shipping if you spend $25.00 (possibly NO sales tax either). It seems Warren blends decent oil.

0W-20

Originally Posted By: Torrid
If I had a car spec'd for 0w20 I'd save some coin and snag some Mobil 1 from Walmart.

That's not the way to save coin, Toyota's 0w20 costs less than that.

Toyota's 0w20 full-syn costs less than M1 0W20 in Canada, but in states M1 0W20 is only $25 for 5-qt jug at WM and Toyota's 0w20 full-syn is more than $7/qt at most dealers (at least at dealers around Orange County, So Cal)

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Toyota's 0w20 full-syn costs less than M1 0W20 in Canada, but in states M1 0W20 is only $25 for 5-qt jug at WM and Toyota's 0w20 full-syn is more than $7/qt at most dealers (at least at dealers around Orange County, So Cal)

I thought a few members on here had mentioned getting Toyota 0w20 in the US for less than $5 per quart?

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Originally Posted By: dparm

I'll bet that's the blend and not the "Ultimate Full Synthetic".

It's the full syn, we just give them lots of business so he cuts me a break.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Then in future you'll have go with the Toyota Brand 0W-20 or the Subaru 0W-20. The later is made by Idemitsu like the original Honda oil was and still is for the Canadian Honda and Acura dealers.

Although the Subaru factory fill has high levels of moly, the dealer service fill does not because of GF5.

-Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back